Team 1- Deer Catchers

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by hunterman927, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Hall77

Hall77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not to far from Bowling Green I’m in Ohio County just south of Owensboro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. USAF Bowhunter

USAF Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Reporting for duty! Glad to be on a team with you all! My name is Ryan and I hunt in both KY and Arkansas. Mainly in Arkansas on a mixture of private and public. Most of my hunting will probably come from public this year. Last year I did not get a deer so I hope this year is better. If I don’t get one, my wife and kids might disown me. We are low on venison. Lol This will be my second year saddle hunting. Can’t wait. Season starts on 27 September in Arkansas. I am marred and have 3 kids. I am active duty Air Force and have a pretty time demanding job. At best I usually get to hunt 15 times for the year. I am not going to be picky. If it’s brown, it’s down! Good luck this year and thanks for having me.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Hall77 and Garet like this.
  3. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from WI

Garet and Logman like this.
  4. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all my name is Ryan. I didn’t have time to introduce myself earlier. I am married with 1 daughter. I hunt Ohio I mainly hunt northwest but have some permission southeast. I mainly hunt private we have a few family farms. I picked up a few new spots this year I’m excited for. I work at a water plant and have to work every 4 weekend I cashed a lot of it in to time off and I think as of now I only work 6 days in November lol. Looking forward to the season. Here is the buck I lost a lot of sleep over last year hope he is still around. I don’t get to many bucks show up on cam till later in October. Good luck all.

[​IMG]

5. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  6. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Feels like forever away right now. On a plus side i got a stand set up in my back yard over the weekend and got some shooting practice in.

USAF Bowhunter likes this.
  7. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My hunting season started today buuuuuuut it’s raining!!! Waited all year for opening day of dove season just to wake up to it being washed away lol

8. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    At least your getting rain. It’s really dry here. I thought of a name for the team. Your local deer catchers.

9. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
    At least your getting rain. It’s really dry here. I thought of a name for the team. Your local deer catchers.

10. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I’m definitely glad that we’re getting rain but this is to much. It’s raining again today!

oh and our little evening dove hunt was a success in my books. My nephew turned 13 yesterday and within his first 5 shots ever shooting at a bird he knocked one down! My buddy was on fire and killed 9.
    6C1693E5-CE30-483C-83EB-FCCC7727BF1E.jpeg

USAF Bowhunter and Blarney22 like this.
  11. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Western MA Hunter checking in... Will be hunting MA, NY, & CT this year.
    CT opens mid Sept, but I will be bear hunting until around 10/1 when NY opens as well. Then I will bounce between NY & CT to fill the freezer until MA opens 10/21.
    Some big bucks on cam in MA. CT & NY are generally good for does and meat. I will be headed to Western NY for 5 days where I have shot a couple good ones with the bow over the years.
    I will be hunting 3 ghost bucks in MA that I have been after for 5 and 4 seasons respectively.

USAF Bowhunter and hunterman927 like this.
  12. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Man that’s awesome.... I can’t wait to see how your season unfolds!

13. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    So we need to come up with a team name and someone needs to be the “captain”.

I’m writing down some suggestions for our name.

Anyone want to put there name in for captain? I don’t care to put my name in the hat.

14. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I vote you as captain Hunterman... you took the initiative!
    I was captain of my team for a couple of years... when we were back to back champions and almost got the 3peat 2 seasons ago! It was an epic run!

I'm good with any names you guys like.. I have never been good at coming up with good original names...

I like to kill deer. I am not a trophy hunter. I have entered big bucks in this contest as well as Fergies... I do not discriminate on what I shoot up here in New England. Some years are great... some are terrible. Last year I only killed 2 does with the bow and then 2 small bucks during gun season.
    It's hit or miss... I have also shot some big bucks (by my areas standards). Up here, most guys put a 100" buck on the wall... and that is quite the accomplishment with the bow here.
    I just play it year to year based on my cam pics... so, if I shoot a fergie as my first buck of the season, don't be surprised! lol

Any way... I vote hunterman as captain... team names.... 3 blade lung punch, Doe Down, Freezer Fillers

15. heartstopper

Dislikes Received:
  16. USAF Bowhunter

USAF Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. Hunterman gets my vote unless there is someone who also is interested in being the Captain.

As far as names...I like deer catchers as well (like heartstopper said). But I am cool with whatever.

I also shoot anything and am not picky. Especially since I bowhunt public land. If it’s brown, it’s down. Lol

Western MA Hunter likes this.
  17. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys really busy with work, I will contribute more to the thread when things slow down. Deer Catchers sounds good to me, I have actually met the Catchin Deers guys at a show. Captain can be anyone as long as it's not me :) I've done it before, not hard just a busy year at work

hunterman927 and USAF Bowhunter like this.
  18. Kevin Mulder

Kevin Mulder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellow hunters! I hunt in Michigan. I live on 10 acres of hardwoods with a creek. I have a 1 acre food plot of oats and soybeans. I also have a family hunting cabin on 130 acres which includes 40 acres of corn. We have a lot of 8 pts running around, but nothing that will score much over 100 inches. I hope to take my 12 year old daughter on the youth hunt next weekend. I am going to the cabin on Labor Day to cut shooting lanes, hang a new double stand, and check my 4 game cameras.

hunterman927 and USAF Bowhunter like this.
  19. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunterman gets my vote to! And as far as team names I’m fine with whatever. Going to hang some more stands this weekend. Then it’s early honker season here in ohio for a week!

USAF Bowhunter and hunterman927 like this.
  20. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Early teal/honker season starts the 12th here in Oklahoma. This past couple of days of rain has pushed a large amount of teal in. I’ve never seen so many here this time of year. Praying they stick around!