Team 14 - Midwest Rack Attack

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by Jensen, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Illinois Outdoorsman
    Scarps23
    Branden
    Taylor.S
    Turro
    Vanfossen
    SkylarPreston
    Preachnhunt
    Early In
    MONGO
    Jensen

Where's everyone at and do we have a volunteer for captain? Lets get checked in!

I'm Josh and live/hunt in SE MN. I hunt a lot of public land and 80 acres that my in-laws own. I am debating on starting hunt with traditional equipment this year but will likely hold off for now as the recurve I was shooting broke. Currently there is only one buck on my hit-list a mid 130 8 but I have only a few photos of him and so he was likely just moving through the area or he is avoiding where my carmera is at. I am hoping to tag a buck off some public this year instead of private but either way my goal is a P&Y. If I do decide to hunt with traditional tackle my ambition will remain but will also be okay with not meeting P&Y standard.

What does your hit list look like? Also, any ideas for team name?

SkylarPreston likes this.
  2. vanfossen

vanfossen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m here from southeast Ohio.

Mathews HTR, Sword 5 pin, Truball release, Goldtip XT hunter 300, QAD 125 gr Swept, QAD rest

3. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m here from East Tennessee. I guess Ill list my setup since Vanfossen did. I don’t have a Hitlister buck, but I’m sure I’ll tag an alright buck and for sure plenty of does. So you can count on me for a doe and buck this year. I’ll be thinking of a team name but I don’t have one in mind right now. If nobody wants to be Captain I will but I don’t want to be captain if somebody steps up, just use me as last resort please. Good luck guys!

Mission MXR, Truglo Carbon Hybrid 5 Pin, Truefire Wrist Release, Black Eagle Rampages 300 Spine, QAD Exodus 100 Grain Broadhead, Ethics Archery 125 grain insert, Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit. 60# 29 inch Draw

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  4. MONGO

MONGO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellers, I'm hunting western Ohio in the land of corn and beans. I have a few bucks that look nice, but meat makes me happy. I got no problem being the fergie guy. Here is a couple pictures I have so far. Ill be pulling cards thursday, so hopefully we will get some more. All my gear is in the signature. I think its going to be a good year.
    upload_2020-9-1_7-6-25.png
    upload_2020-9-1_7-6-49.png

SkylarPreston and early in like this.
  5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Early in checking in. Maybe I can be on a winning team, just one time!! :tu:

6. MONGO

MONGO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    @early in Looks like you have been here quite a while, would you be interested in taking team capt?

7. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in here. NE Iowa. Hunting setup is in signature. Just started running cameras two weeks ago. Hunt on private land and also will be able to hunt additional private land this fall in southern Iowa that I'm excited about. Cousin of mine bought a hunting property with lots of potential.

Last year was short on time in a stand because of having a child in July. This year should be a little better on that front. Want to get a doe down early on and season starts Oct 1 here. I try to be picky on shooting bucks, but less picky than many others. Basically if I shoot a buck it is going on the wall, unless it was hurt or some other variable thrown in which has happened before.

Best of luck to everyone this year. I didn't get in on this last year because of time and missed it. Love hearing about other hunting areas around the country.

8. early in

Dislikes Received:
    I'm flattered that you ask, but no thank you. I might be able to help with a team name though.

SkylarPreston and MONGO like this.
  9. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Moved a couple cameras today. Only out for a week or so. Got an ok 11 point on video, grainy night video of what looks to be a thick 8 point that is young (probably velvet), and video of a decent buck that is in the corn. Very hard to tell on that guy. I'll just assume he is a monster. I've switched them all to photos. They are easier to share than the videos. I also get sick of watching videos of nothing or turkeys.

early in, MONGO and SkylarPreston like this.
  10. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There’s a group of somebody’s dogs that have been frequent my hunting property this year. I’m getting tired of getting pictures of them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

scarps23 likes this.
  11. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m in northern MN. Haven’t been getting the time into hunting as would like despite keeping planning next year will be the year. Nothing too high for hopes. Have some smaller bucks around, 2 in the 90” range, and a injured cool looking spike I’d like for character. Had big deer through over the years but too much activity and neighboring has cut it down dramatically. Is what it is. I describe my hunting like being single at a bar, starting early with some standards but when it gets closer to close I’m trying to end punching my tag. Well see what the season does. Been on winning team in the past, deer down does it. Everyone have a safe fun season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Branden

Branden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im from Central MN. Hunting few 40 acrer chunks this year some of them new this year. I shoot a Bear Element (oldie but a goodie) Never been apart of this before but its cool to have a little extra reason to get out more. I do have a chance to hunt a very nice property in Hewitt, MN (some of yhou MN guys might know it). MY uncle and hunting partner has pulled 164 and a 140 from there. hoping to get a piece of that action this year.

13. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I could be captain BUT will offer the opportunity to someone else first. A few MN guys on here which is pretty cool. I am excited for the season to begin, opening day (Sept 19) I am at a wedding but will be going hard Sunday Monday Tuesday to try to get on something early. That'll probably be my best chance until November - two little kids has been a game changer!

14. MONGO

MONGO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You got my vote, lets get this thing rolling! My season doesn't start until the 26th. What about you guys?

vanfossen and Turro like this.
  15. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. Opener or first sits is always most predictable for me and most likely chances. Closer to rifle is a good time cause I usually am done holding back then. November is a wildcard what’s around. I’m hoping for something right away

16. Branden

Branden Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same as Jensen here 19th will be out there right away. Temps keep dropping up here. Might just drop a doe day one because I haven't bagged a deer in two years due to moving and kids and life. But the Old bear is hungry for a killing!!!!

SkylarPreston and Turro like this.
  17. early in

Dislikes Received:
    My Special Regs WMU opens Sept 19th as well. Can't wait!!!! All the crap that's been going on in our world has gotten depressing. My brain needs a break, and sitting in the woods is the perfect way to make that happen.

MUDSHARK, Turro and SkylarPreston like this.
  18. preachnhunt

preachnhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here from central Ky. Got some nice ones on camera, but no real shooters yet. I will try to check in more often!

Turro and SkylarPreston like this.
  19. preachnhunt

preachnhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  20. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When you say no real shooters yet and some pics like that I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Looking like a good start