TEAM 20-Da Turdy Pointers

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by SheddingLightTravis, Aug 31, 2020.

1. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Team 20

[mention]illinibowhunter [/mention]
    [mention]Adamant2010 [/mention]
    [mention]peakrut [/mention]
    [mention]pastorbigdan [/mention]
    [mention]atlasman [/mention]
    [mention]kevinpowell [/mention]
    [mention]kjstaudt86 [/mention]
    [mention]JRock15 [/mention]
    [mention]OkieArrowSlinger [/mention]
    [mention]mylsuhat [/mention]

Hey all, guess I’ll get this party started. Welcome to Team 20! We will need to come up with a team name and if any of you are good at graphic design some sort of icon. Last year the team I was on created a group messaging chat which was fun (as long as you kept it muted and checked it when you wanted) We could do that if you’re interested. But for now let’s just check in and give a little profile.

I’m Travis, 34, from SE Ohio. I’m right on the Ohio River. I hunt mostly private parcels and a little bit of public. I’ll muzzleloader hunt occasionally but primarily I bow-hunt. I started using a tree saddle in 2018...dont worry...I try not to be the annoying saddle hunter who’s always talking about their saddle and how bad every other form of hunting is. Haha. I film my hunts and I’m a part of a small hunting group called Shedding Light Outdoors. I also host a hunting podcast called Shedding Light Hunting Stories where I have normal everyday hunters come on and share their favorite hunting experiences.

I’m pretty optimistic about this year and I look forward to meeting you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Peak from Wi checking in. Helloooo Atlasssssssss

3. JRock15

JRock15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in Season starts Sept 12 can't wait! I'm 32 from Wisconsin just bought my own land last summer 20 acres in Polk County. I have 3 daughters 6 4 and 2 they love to go early season with me. Also my wife just started bow hunting last year so hope she can get her first this year. Cant wait to meet aveeyone in team 20 and good luck!

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

4. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone Adam here from Massachusetts. 35, married with two kids boy 6 and girl 9. October 19 isn’t coming soon enough! I hunt A couple private land parcels as the public land up here gets smashed and there’s too many assholes on those properties.

5. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. Illinibowhunter checking in!

My name is Justin. I am 35, married with three kids. I have a 5.5 yr old son named Trapper. I have a 2.5 yr old little girl named Beau and another beautiful 9 month old girl named Banks. My primary job is the Director of Member Services for a large electric cooperative in Illinois. I also am an EMT in my town and absolutely love running ambulance calls and helping those in their times of need.

I am born and raised in Central Illinois and I have a passion for the outdoors. I love doing anything from hunting, fishing, camping to foraging for wild mushrooms. If I can use it as an excuse to be in the outdoors, than I am in.

This should be a really exciting hunting year for myself and my family. We have a new parcel of ground in Central Illinois that we purchased last December and we have been working really hard to start improving the land and getting it ready for this bow season. My dad and I have tried our hand at putting in some food plots. We have all of our stands put in and we are just praying for rain now!

I also try my best to video all of my hunts. I continue to learn and I really need to get a better primary camera, but I have a lot of fun trying to film. So fingers crossed I will have all my kills on video this year and be able to share them with you. https://www.youtube.com/user/stuva2/featured?view_as=subscriber

And so far it looks like we are a bunch of 30 year old men on the team lol. I wonder if we can find a name that centers around that theme :)

OkieArrowSlinger likes this.
  6. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey gents!
    My name is Andy, I’m 36 and from Oklahoma. Married with two boys, 7 & 11. I work in the Oil & Natural Gas industry. This will be my 4th year to be in this contest and was on the winning team in 2018! I’m excited to start the season and get to know all of you guys! The more active we are on our team thread, the more fun it is!!

7. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    They must’ve matched us all up. Seems like we are all mid 30s with kids. I have 3 daughters 7,4, and 2. So life’s nuts at times. Illini I checked out your YouTube channel...pretty good stuff!

8. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the two kill plots I put in last weekend. Hoping it'll bring them in close come late season. First time trying them out. 20200829_140625.jpeg 20200829_162433.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

9. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here are a couple of the nice bucks we have on camera at our new property...

The second one is my number one target buck right now.

I also may have a hard time passing that big six pointer. I've always wanted to shoot a big six received_753617992136895.jpeg received_759630808187021.jpeg received_312729253431613.jpeg received_3219295301462398.jpeg

OkieArrowSlinger likes this.
  10. JRock15

JRock15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm chasing this one hard early season. Second year of owning my property he only sticks aroind for the first few weeks then he's gone! Comes back late winter. That's the last picture from last year. 20200802_111202.jpeg 20200802_090344.jpeg 20200329_151349.jpeg

11. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, good bucks guys! I’ve only got a couple on camera at the moment. I haven’t gone too crazy with cams this year. Last year I didn’t put a camera in the woods and I saw more big bucks than I have any other year. Haha.

But here’s some potential on one of the small spots I have. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

illinibowhunter likes this.
  12. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!

31 from South Louisiana. I have been on a team with a few of yall before.

I hunt pretty much all public land in Louisiana and Illinois as well as a private piece in Western Oklahoma. I am leaving for an elk hunt in Colorado in 14 days

13. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve sent a private message to each of the guys that haven’t checked in yet. Anyone have experience being the team captain? I’m willing to give it a try if nobody else wants to. I guess while we’re waiting on the others we can start a talk team name.

My random ideas:
    Team 2020-Your Worst Nightmare
    No Longer 20
    Da Turdy Pointers
    Election Deer
    Hold My Corona
    Quaren-tines

Not sure if any of those are good. Just off the top of my head.

illinibowhunter likes this.
  14. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Da Turdy Pointers < this one makes me laugh since we so far are all in our 30s.

Good to have you back LSU. I think I've spent about half of the teams I've been on with you. We are due for a W especially after how close we were last season.

I have no desire to be the team captain. Whoever wants to do it is fine with me.

mylsuhat likes this.
  15. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What’s up guys!

KJ - from Texas. Sorry it’s taken me a bit to login. I recently had to deal with hurricane Laura. I live on the south Eastern border of TX/La. Things have been hectic as I just got power back last night. I’m very lucky, originally the storm was projected to come right through my neighborhood and it shifted 15-20 miles last minute into LA and ultimately saved my hometown but we still got hit really hard.

I’m 34, married, and just had my first boy who turned 1 month today! Typically, I bow hunt really hard but this year will be a little tough being with a new born. I’ll give it hell though. I’m a safety manager for a construction company in the oil & gas industry.

Last year we came in 2nd place as a team! So let’s shoot for first this year!

16. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    kjstaudt86 likes this.
  17. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I was in a hurry when I post my check in earlier in this thread. I'm from the great state of Wisconsin! Sadly we got a bad rap from the shooting 20 minutes from me in Kenosha. I will leave that be. I have some good properties to hunt in my home state. Season starts Sept 12th. I took a dive into the cell cam game so lets see how that goes. Usually I don't put to many cams out as I don't like to pressure the land much if I can help. This will be a game changer for sure. Looking forward to see how each of progresses through out our season. Good luck out there and be safe! Wear that Harness!
    Quick note I am the admin for the BHC facebook page. So if you haven't like the page yet please do. :-) www.facebook.com\bowhunting

Lets get some team name ideas.

kjstaudt86 and OkieArrowSlinger like this.
  18. JRock15

JRock15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love all the team name ideas. Here's my top 3
    Da Turdy Pointers
    Quaren Tines
    Election Deer

19. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you made out well, KJ.

My buddy and I went down to Lake Charles on Saturday to help out a buddy that lives in town. It was absolutely amazing and terrifying at the same time. The damage is so wide spread. He was lucky to just have a bunch of trees down all over but not on his house. Just a few shingles to replace and one small hole over the car port.

kjstaudt86 likes this.
  20. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like we’ve got a pretty solid team so far since some of you guys have been in second or won the competition before. I think my team placed in the top five last year.

I’m willing to be the captain unless somebody else with more experience wants to do it. I’ve been a part of the competition for a few years but I’ve never been team captain.

I kind of like the Da Turdy Pointers as well since all of us are in our 30s (so far). And when we win this thing, that name will work for next year...whereas the Covid related names, hopefully will be long forgotten!