Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1333.JPG
    Same goes for getting a coffee.
    Anyone else feel the same way?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

arrowflinger1 and cantexian like this.
  2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nope. My favorite place has shut down 4 times for Covid. If the employees cant stay healthy, why should I go there?

Germ likes this.
  3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bars and restaurants we are done with dine in eating. Take out is fine and do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Where is this? Not the case here in Minnesota. Other than the ones that were burned down bars and restaurants are open to inside dinning.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So Biden and the Dems have set the stage for their CV victory claims.

Now that Biden has asked all governors to issue mandatory mask mandates, and I expect all Democrat governors will, he has saved the country. If numbers start dropping, be it naturally or otherwise, the claim will be made it was due to Biden's leadership and asking for action to be taken. Yet another one of those there is no way to prove it claims.

The one grocery store I go to mandates mask wear and the one cafe/diner I get drive thru carry out occasionally has a sign on there door masks required but their employees at the drive up window don't wear them properly. Other than that I have no clue what percentage of people are wearing/not wearing masks here. seen a few people mention numbers are climbing, but I stopped caring about numbers long ago. Does me no good to monitor them, nothing I can do more than I have to control them. I do not have it, or at least I did not on Aug. 2nd, and I intend to keep it that way.

With Commala Harris staing today the question should be asked by each of us, "when will I get my vaccination?" not when will it be ready tells me they know the end is near and a vaccine will be sooner rather than later, so the new narrative has been laid out.

First it was ventilators, solved, was never an issue in the slightest.

Then it was testing, kinda hard to solve that one as you would need to be tested every single day to be 100% certain your are not infected.

Then comes masks, notice today how Biden cautiously states "masks, certain types of masks" when referring to mask use.

Then social distancing is a must, unless you are protesting in large masses, and only if it is against Trump, you will be exempted and praised for your courage.

Now it will switch up to, "not everyone who wants vaccinated can get vaccinated".

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Earlier this week, my and I went out to eat for the first time in a few months. I thought the exact same thing, wear a mask to the table. Oh look, here is a glass of water, mask off until we got up to leave. Crazy thing is, normally that has a line out the door and meal will take two hours from check in to leaving. Not even 1/4 full and we were done in 30 minutes.

7. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    well now, the nanny state minded demented Joe 'Marxist' Biden and Commie-la Harris has demanded a nation wide mask mandate for 3 months, even for the outdoors .... this crap is what awaits this country should these twits win ... lord help this country should they ...

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We means my family

9. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

This place also makes my favorite beer. Been jonesing for my scotish ale.

10. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out for the first time since this whole thing started. Hit up a brewery locally, sat outside. No wait staff, you went to the bar (mask required) to order everything. Kind of weird bussing your own table while dining out, but is what it is now!

It was nice to get out though. First time since probably February.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So this is the week, start of the 3rd week since Gov. Walz mandated that we all wear masks. The numbers should drop if the masks work like the Politicians say they do, or the experts say they don't then they do, and they say they lied to us for our own good but they are being honest now.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Actually Minnesota is on day 22 of the mask mandate and the number of cases is not falling. Our Gov lied to us.

dnoodles likes this.
  13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    with the exception of nursing homes, the VAST majority of cases are/were caught from family in the home.
    Guy in my work group got diagnosed last week- he had one day of taste/smell loss and a bit of congestion; his wife had same but for 2-3 days, and his 3 kids (16/18/22) all 100% asymptomatic. All positive. The only reason they even got tested was the 18yo daughter got a mandatory saliva test to report to college- positive. Rest of family got tested for precautionary and there you go.

Their best guess is the son may have picked it up from someone and passed it to the rest of the family. The 18yos boyfriend was negative. No way 18yos aren't swapping body fluids so that's a bit of a mystery.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, they didn't lie in a sense. They just didn't realize at the time that the masks should also be worn in conjunction with goggles and social distancing should be increased from 6 feet to 18 feet.

Generally one can expect even further absurd claims by the "experts" each time the stock market sees gains, and when it has an off day reports will emerge how things are working, we just need to hang in there.

With the stock market getting close to being back to pre-pandemic highs, the time to start pushing for a 2nd wave of lockdowns is now.

15. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A guy I work with his wife wasn’t feeling good last weekend. So she went to get to get tested but only had a few minutes to wait in line she got signed up and ended up waiting in line for a half hour and decided to leave and come back later. The next day she got a notice that she was positive for COVID. She asked how that could being she filled out the paperwork and was never tested she was told “well we tested somebody”

How the hell can that happen??

cantexian, GregH and Sota like this.
  16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Those questions do not need to be asked nor answered. Please quarantine your wife and fall in line.

Thank You

dnoodles likes this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well see there is funding tied to the number of cases.

jrk_indle84 and GregH like this.
  18. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    most counties in northern Wi had very little covid positives up to early may 2020, since June the virus numbers have risen quite a bit, I have a cottage in the Minocqua Arbor Vitae area, During June and July the roads and parking lots were filled with Illinois and Minnesota licensed vehicles, what happened to stay home ! Yes we all know about FIBS, SEEMS EVERYBODY WANTS TO LEAVE ILLINOIS ! But Minnesota ???You have your own 10,000 lakes !!!!!! Why come to Wisconsin and spread the virus, Hey, Go home, leave us alone until this is handled

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They rubbed a clean Q tip against an infected one. Positive. After all I see, hear, and read, I don't put it past anyone to do anything to get money.

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You’re under the impression people are listing? Also it will be at least 30, look at Florida for 5-6 weeks they were fine and the boom cases everywhere. It took 5-6 weeks after we shut down here in Michigan. Also I agree it won’t work, mainly because we have to many stupid people