Need a scope

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by atlasman, Jul 30, 2020.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    looking for a good bang for your buck scope. Going on a piledriver 390 that I only paid $200 for and not even sure I’m going to take it out.

I’ve already googled best crossbow scopes multiple ways but just wondering if you guys had experience with any of the usual suspects on those lists

Thanks

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can rifle scopes go on or be modified to work?

3. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    seems I have tried most xbow scopes and some rifle scopes, My 2 cents--stay away from lighted teicles, no need at xbow ranges, plus the light can block the animal out, Very thing crosshairs are also out, I finally found a great xbow scope, Bushnel dusk to dawn with thick posts and fine hairs at cross, the dusk to dawn does have very nice visibility at dusk and dawn, the thick crosshairs show really well, mine is 2.5 to 7 power, usually leave it at 4 power, A xbow hunter really does not need more magnification than this--polus if memeory serves me well the scope cost only about $80.00

dnoodles likes this.
  4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A fan of Bushnell's Dusk to Dawn series as well. Very good budget scope. Have them on my .450 Bushie, my .50 muzzeloader and my slug guns.

Wouldn't put one on on my Howa .300WMG but I wouldn't put Coopers on a Corvette either.

I have a TruGlo on my x-bow and it works just fine. Came with it and never felt the need to upgrade.

5. Kevin Mulder

Kevin Mulder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use Leupold rifle scopes on my crossbow as do my brother and dad. They are far superior to any crossbow scope I have used. I sight in dead on at 30 yds and it has been wonderful. SOOO much better than those crossbow scopes!

6. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LIVIT likes this.
  7. LIVIT

LIVIT Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have sold and used the Nikon bolt XR and some of the Hawke Xbow scopes. Both have worked great for me and the customers who I setup their xbows with these. Make sure to check your states regs regarding using magnified sights on archery equipment, not legal in all states !

Here is the national up to date archery regs regarding Xbows.
    https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/us-crossbow-regulations/

8. ASTER01

ASTER01 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, atlasman! I think you should try an ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X. It's incredibly good, an evolution in technology! https://www.youtube.com/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  9. Shootrj2003

Shootrj2003 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would buy the UTG for about $90,they are rugged, cheap made for a crossbow,they do have a lighted crosshairs but turn it off,I have a UTG ON MY 30 30 Marlin It just happened to be at the store when I needed a scope but it’s been great.