GROUND BLIND ( Best for bowhunting ? )

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by khowell, Aug 5, 2020.

1. khowell

khowell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys , This year I am planning on setting up a ground blind and need help finding out which brand / model is best for bowhunting. I have read a lot of different reviews in regards to space, window height etc...
    I will be taking my 8yr old out with me this year so I am looking for something with adequate space. Please give me some good recommendations.

2. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have 3 Primos Double Bull blinds. Hunt with my Dad so plenty of room. He uses a crossbow and field pod. I use a compound. We have both set up in there at one time. Still holding up after 5 years of use. Do yourself a favor and buy the center stand support. Cabela’s has them for about $20. Holds the center hub. Also doubles as a phone holder to film your hunts! Enjoy the time with your boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Or girl!

4. khowell

khowell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info brotha, and its my daughter. She is itching to go out this year. Cheers

5. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also have a Primos Double Bull, plenty of room and windows for a bow. The "side" windows are easiest to get a shot through IMO.

6. khowell

khowell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I ma looking at the double Bull and see a couple different versions. Evader , 270 surround view , deluxe go , 360 surround. What model do you have ?

7. redpresto66

redpresto66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Primos Double Bull deluxe with double wide door! $274 new on ebay. Free shipping! Rogers Sporting Goods. Stay away from the surround view for now. Let’s water through in a downpour. And check Primos site. Usually a rebate around this time of year!

andrew1922 likes this.
  8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think mine is the 270 view, although I'd say the front is more of a 180 view.
    The front view is basically a horizontal slot that both the bottom and top material can be slid up or down to increase/decrease the size of the opening. The middle is the widest part of the opening and it decreases in size going out to each edge.
    You do need the front slot of the blind to be pretty open to give a better range for shooting anywhere not in the center of the opening. Plenty of room in the blind for top/bottom of bow to have room, but if the front slot is too closed you would end up with your sight looking at the top fabric or your arrow not clearing the bottom fabric. Hope that makes sense.
    The side windows are fine to shoot through, but if one of them was facing "forward" you wouldn't have much side to side range for a shot.

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have several Double Bull blinds and stick with them because I think they are great blinds. I feel like you get what you pay for in the world of blinds. That being said, I love the 360 surround for turkey season, but I would not use it for deer season here. Mainly because it lets the wind right through it. The solid wall blinds do a much better job of holding in some heat and keeping out the wind. Best of luck!

10. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m going to try Barronett Blinds, I’m want to be able to stand and shoot.

Semper Fi

11. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've hunted from some of the original Double Bull blinds (before Primos bought them) and they're awesome. Since the acquisition the quality has slipped a bit and, IMO, their are other blinds on the market that are just as nice for the same price or less.

When it comes to blinds, the saying you get what you pay for is very true. There are a lot of cheap blinds on the market and they work well, but are basically disposable units unless you plan to take them home after every hunt. They simply don't withstand the elements.

If you don't want to break the bank and are a looking for a blind that you may leave out for a few weeks or maybe 1-2 months, the HME Executioner is a great option. They're cheap and won't withstand elements if you leave them out all year, but they're also very light and the window system is great. I've killed a few turkeys out of them with no issues.

If you want to step up to something a little nicer, the Muddy blinds are a solid option. The Infinity 2-person blind has the same see-through mesh as the 360 surround, but it's only the top 1/2 of 2 sides. So you still get the wind protection from the rest of the blind with the benefit of seeing through the important stuff. Its made of a good, heavy material, has sturdy poles, and plenty of room. I just picked up a new one that I plan on hunting from with my 8 year old this fall.

The downside to any blind with see-through mesh is the wind factor, as well as the water factor. Water will get into the mesh material and make it difficult, if not impossible, to see out of. Imagine your screen door at home after a good rain storm. You can shake much of it out, but it's not perfect. I've never found it to be a huge issue as I typically have the windows open at least 1/2 way anyways.

And if you're hunting inside during a good rain storm - plan on getting a little wet. It's just the nature of the beast. For what I do with them, the Infinity blinds are just about perfect.

Longdraw and fletch920 like this.
  12. khowell

khowell Newb

Dislikes Received:

Appreciate the feedback .... whack em dead !

Justin likes this.
  13. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Primos double bull deluxe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

redpresto66 likes this.
Tags: