The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting old. Took the pontoon out last night was not driving. We go to dock and I am on the front deck we get close and I put my foot on the dock to stop the pontoon from hitting the dock. As I stopped the boat I felt a pop, then as the momentum was stopped and the boat started pulling away from the dock I pulled with my leg to keep the boat from pulling away and that is when it felt like my hip came apart. I have not felt pain like that that I can remember, I believe 2 drops of pee came out. This morning not still searing pain but my plans to fish from the kayak this morning cancelled.

GregH likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My son and his wife have too much money and lost their country practicality. They adopted a rescue dog, the dog broke its leg they spent thousands reconstructing the dogs leg.Would have cost $500 to just cut it off. Then the dog got hyper defensive at their home and nipped at people so they sent the dog off to South Dakota for training to correct the problem. I love all dogs but sometimes you have to draw the line.

ash d, oldnotdead and GregH like this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, don't do that...

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Idiots who do not use it properly when navigating.

picman likes this.
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love my cruise control, 78 on the freeway and 60 on the hwy. No speeding tickets in many years. Calculate the time you save by going faster then ask yourself if it was really worth it for a minute or so.

As for the dog thing.....great if you have the means for the leg reconstruction but it would be better to train the dog yourself. If you don't have time for that maybe a dog isn't for you.

bowhunt4abuck likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah they live in the city and both work all day. I have had some rescue dogs sometimes it does not work out. Shot one in the head once it sucked.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Listening to the Power Loon radio station on the way back from town this morning. They played Bob Dylan Everybody Must Get Stoned. I listened closely and I think Bob may have been high on drugs when he recorded the song.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  9. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There’s a rant there. The story’s I hear about their dogs being in kennels 20 hrs a day during the work week drive me nuts. These aren’t puppies in kennel/potty training full grown dogs that don’t ever get out of the house and exercise and train. I think they should have gotten a cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

GregH likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They do walk the dog morning and night and my son does work from home but still has to travel to projects and work sites some days. It is not a neglect deal, god know if they were gone during the day they would probably hire a dog nanny. The dog trainer traveled from south dakota to observe the dog in her environment and take it back for 3 weeks. They have spent thousands of $ on this dog. Being a simple man I could not justify the expense.

bowhunt4abuck likes this.
  11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just saw a mom with 4 kids in tow at Walmart with no masks but that's not my rant I don't like it but whatever my problem is she has a kid that can't be 1 week old.... At Walmart. Guess you gotta build that immune system early

12. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    These damn hurricanes are really starting to get on my nerves. Seems like lately we have been getting hit by two of them every year in NC. At least this one isn't hitting us during the archery season opener like Humberto did last year and Florence did in 2018. Maybe I will get lucky for the first time in 3 years and get to hunt the whole first week of the season without having to ride out a hurricane in a tree stand.

14. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an adjuster buddy that has already been deployed. He seems to think that it's going to be a pretty rough season.

15. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's not off to a good start so far considering we aren't even half-way through the first week of august and we already have one hurricane inbound. Fortunately this one is tiny so really going to be more of an inconvenience than anything. Basically just big enough to get all the city folks and manbunners all stirred up and worried that they might lose power for a couple hours and starve to death. It is a little concerning that is is following about the same track that Fran took which was one hurricane that turned out to be a little worse than expected.

What company is your buddy an adjuster for? Might be one of the companies I represent.

16. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been battling not one but numerous spread out hornet nests on our covered porch.
    First the folded hub blind then the insulation around the cat house, next inside the cat house now behind a bin on the porch the cat house sat on...WTH!!!!. It's been a long night last night and morning.
    BTW. If someone tells you wear your head lamp while dealing with these little bass turds don't listen! I took the police type light out and set it facing the cat house before grabbing the cover and running. I needed to expose hive to spray. They hit that flash light so hard it got shaded out. Also gave me a chance to make it to the house door safely. I had to leave it on out there all night. But it gave me a chance to open hive more around 2 this morning so I could spray that section. Still have to get cat house off the porch but half way there.
    Dang I love that cat but going on 17 years...Give up already will ya?!

17. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Since you asked....
    Going down a curvy narrow road with hill bank on one side and steep drop on the other with a car a distance in front of you. Go to click off cruise and the next thing you know your engine roars and your doing 80 miles an hour. Thank God you catch up to car on a straight away and pass as honking with flashers on and flashing head lights. Both feet on your break peddle. With this going through your mind afraid of losing steering if I turn engine off. Finally brain kicked in and I managed to peel my one hand off steering wheel to get it in nuetral. Well hell that sent the engine into over drive and it was roaring , coasted to a narrow spot just off road edge to turn off. I just sat there for the longest time before I could get a calm thought going through my head. Long and short by the time I finished with Ford corporate, They paid for a flat bed to take the car to a dealer to be checked out. Apparently not all that uncommon yet they OFFICIALLY found nothing wrong. Yet it's not happened again,though I won't use cruise,hubby does though. Lets just say...didn't do my breaks any good and what a smell!

18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So, as I mentioned last week, my company is closing the doors in 3 years.

I have contemplated my attire for my last week of employment.

Tell me what you think. This will be Monday to Friday.

What can they do? Fire me?

poop.jpg

gas.jpg favor.jpg anti.jpg f.jpg

arrowflinger1 and Sota like this.
  19. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I walked into my kitchen and my eldest was 3hrs into smoking ribs. I greet her and ask her what she is doing I planned on making those this weekend for her and I get a "Well dad, this is my last weekend in NY and I figured we would be busy" it hit me like a Effin train.