Outserts

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Vinny2001, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Vinny2001

Vinny2001 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m looking at getting a new set of arrows and they cone with outserts. I’ve never used these before. Do they shoot any different from arrows with inserts?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You go going to have to be more specific, outserts and half outs are all over the map with differences ...post up which ones

3. Vinny2001

Vinny2001 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0561.JPG
    They are full outserts. They’re black eagle deep impact outserts

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Attached Files:

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Black Eagle Renegades with a half-outsert. As long as you build the arrows correctly, it will shoot the same as arrow with a normal insert.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I personally feel more confident in a full outsert system than the half-outserts. The full outsert that slides over the shaft is far more durable and less prone to bending. Having used half-outserts for years, I can tell you they WILL bend with repeated impacts to a target. They will spin true when first installed, but over time they will start to wobble. I've seen it time and time again. Even with the strongest stainless-steel versions. Hence the reason I always ran HIT inserts or the FOCOS system in my Black Eagle Rampages.

The FOCOS system is essentially a full outsert and I never had an issue with it. Ethics Archery also makes some great outsert systems for various arrows as well. I would run those every time over a half-in/half-outsert.

The issue I had with Black Eagle Deep Impacts, or any micro diameter shaft, is the lack of good lighted nock options. It's hard to stuff electronics into a nock that small and have it be both durable and reliable. That's part of the reason I stuck with Rampages, and now Easton Axis 5mm. I feel like I get the advantage of a thinner diameter arrow without the component issues of the micro diameter shafts.

Vinny2001 and trial153 like this.
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You post this when my order of replacement half- outserts for my Black Eagle Renegades is supposed to be delivered tomorrow...:rant::bash: