Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I took the family to see the Basspro Shop Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium. I bought the toddler a stuffed penguin in the gift shop and for some reason he named it "Catfish Booty." We are toilet training him right now, so everything bathroom related is hilarious to him. There were a lot of large catfish in the aquarium. I guess in his mind, catfish and booty work well together.

Sota likes this.
  2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How did you like Wonders of Wildlife?

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was awesome. The only drawback was that my older boys, 9 and 8, did not have the patience for me to read through everything in the museum part and wanted to skip ahead to the aquarium. The whole experience itself, is well worth the price of admission. I have seen many zoos that are boring by comparison.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    tacklebox likes this.
  4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is on par with what I have heard.... I'll have to check it out next time I'm that way.

cantexian likes this.
  5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  7. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    THE STORY of MINNESOTA : Just in case you didn't know...(I’m an ex-Minnesotan and full blooded Norwegian so can say these things and no one should be offended. )

Minnesota became the 32nd state on May 11, 1858 and was originally settled by a lost tribe of Norwegians seeking refuge from the searing heat of Wisconsin and Michigan winters.

Minnesota gets it's name from the Sioux Indian word "mah-nee-soo-tah," meaning, "No, really... They eat fish soaked in lye (lutefisk)."

Note: No matter how it's prepared it's like chomping on cardboard... soaked in lye solution then repeatedly dipped in fresh water to diffuse the lye... Yuck!!!

The state song of Minnesota is "Someday the Vikings will... Aw, never mind."

The Mall of America in Bloomington , Minnesota covers 9.5 million square feet and has enough space to hold 185,000 teenagers yapping away on cell phones.

Madison, Minnesota is known as "the lutefisk capital of the world." Avoid this city at all costs.

"The Mary Tyler Moore Show" was set in Minneapolis , Minnesota , and was Mary's first real acting job since leaving the "**** van Dyke Show. The show about a single woman's struggle to find happiness in the big city was originally titled "Life Without ****," but that was changed for some reason.

Downtown Minneapolis has an enclosed skyway system covering 52 blocks, allowing people to live, work, eat, and sleep without ever going outside. The only downside to this is that a Norwegian occasionally turns up missing.

Cartoonist Charles M. Shultz was born in Minneapolis , Minnesota and grew up in St. Paul . He was the only artist to accurately depict the perfectly circular heads of Minnesota natives.

The Hormel Company of Austin , Minnesota produces 6 million cans of Spam a year, even though no one actually eats it. Spam is a prized food in Japan & Hawaii--Spam sushi!!

Minnesota license plates are blue & white and contain the phrase "Blizzards on the 4th of July - you get used to it."

Frank C. Mars, founder of the Mars Candy Co. was born in Newport , Minnesota . His 3 Musketeers candy bar originally contained three bars one wrapper, each filled with a different flavor of nougat - chocolate, Spam and lutefisk.

Tonka trucks continue to be manufactured in Minnetonka , Minnesota , despite the thousands of GI Joe dolls killed by them annually in rollover accidents. No airbags, no seat belts. These things are deathtraps, I tell ya!

Author Laura Ingalls Wilder was raised at Walnut Grove , Minnesota , and was famous for writing the "Little House" series of books, as well as inventing the "Spam diet" which consists of looking at a plate of Spam until you lose your appetite. Much like the "lutefisk diet."

The snowmobile was invented in Roseau , Minnesota so as to allow families a means of attending 4th of July picnics.

Minnesotans are almost indistinguishable from Wisconsinites and Michiganders. The only way to tell them apart is to ask if they voted for Mondale in '84.

Now... it's up to you to forward this to all your friends. If one of them does not forward it to others, he/she will be given an entrance pin to attend the Eelpout Festival in Walker , MN , February 21-23 2014.

Now, COLD is a relative thing:

65* outside…
    Arizonans turn on the heat.
    People in Minnesota plant gardens.

60* outside…
    Californians shiver uncontrollably.
    People in Minnesota sunbathe.

50*outside…
    Italian & English cars won't start.
    People in Minnesota drive with the windows down.

40*outside…
    Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.
    People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.

35*outside…
    New York landlords finally turn on the heat.
    People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20*outside…
    People in Miami all die.
    Minnesotans close their windows.

Zero*outside…
    Californians fly away to Mexico .
    People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:
    Hollywood disintegrates.
    The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:
    Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.).
    People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:
    Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
    Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.

40 below zero:
    ALL atomic motion stops.
    People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold enough for ya?"

50 below zero: Hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Old Man I have had spam sushi in Hawaii and it is delicious.

9. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Brave man!

How about Lutefisk?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Never, have not even been in the same room. I did see a news story where the lutefisk feeds are fading because only the older folks put on the feeds because the younger generation feels that putting together the feeds are not worth the effort. Plus there is nobody that is honest with themselves that really like lutefisk.

11. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lactose intolerant friend who sells ice cream for a living.

He can’t take it, but he can dish it out.

Sota likes this.
  12. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  13. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sheddinva, BikiBoki and The Old Man like this.
  14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm in the hospital. This has not been a good day. After spending the last 3 months quarantined inside the house, limited contact with my family or friends since mid March... enough is enough. So I decided to go for a motorcycle ride with a good friend. Something I haven't done since last Summer. It turned out to be a horrible mistake! I got on the motorcycle and I started out slowly, but then it got crazy windy. I went faster and faster and before I knew it, I was going as fast as that bike could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my pants on the foot peg beside the crash bar. I was being dragged and was bouncing all over the place. The motorcycle just would not stop!

Thankfully the manager at Dollar General came running out and unplugged the machine. Then he actually had the nerve to take the rest of my quarters and my bottle of vodka so I wouldn't try to ride the fire truck, horse, or clown car.

I have a few scrapes and bruises but nothing's broken. I will wear a helmet next time.

15. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead and sheddinva like this.
  16. dprsdhunter

Dislikes Received:
  17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man walks into a pharmacy and wanders up and down the aisles. The salesgirl notices him and asks if she can help him. He answers that he looking for a box of tampons for his wife. She directs down the correct aisle. A few minutes later, he deposits a huge bag of cotton balls on the counter. She says, confused, "Sir, I thought you were looking for tampons for your wife?"

"You see it's like this. Yesterday, I sent my wife to the store to get me a carton of Cigarettes and she came home with a tin of tobacco and some rolling paper. So, I figure, if I have to roll my own, SO DOES SHE!"

18. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  19. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
  20. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    oldnotdead likes this.