The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Look on the bright side... at least those taxes are being used to pay for unemployment and BLM street murals and such. You’ve contributed more to the social justice movement than most of the looters protesters. Plus most the people pushing the defund the popo movement don’t pay taxes, so if they actually succeed then you will be the one getting the tax cut. That’s what I call social justice.

2. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tax cut lmao probably have to raise them to pay for research and training of new and better elite task force officers. Ya know not cops just government employees that enforce laws and write citations for law breakers and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would be amazed if a single dollar of my state taxes do anything other than go straight into the leadership of the Illinois Democrat Party's pockets. This state is billions of dollars in debt and somehow raising taxes makes the debt go up every year. Real head scratcher.

Shocker99 likes this.
  4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have no words. We literally live in a toilet bowl. A very expensive toilet bowl

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Transit? Who needs a transit??

7. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    The damn tree people just broke the Internet. Right in the middle of a fairly important zoom conference too.

8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is there such a thing?

Important zoom... Sounds silly

9. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    China is going to be very disappointed.
    I literally cannot believe that anyone uses Zoom.

opossumhunterNC likes this.
  10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So inlaws are up for a couple of days and want to go out on the pontoon. We are tooling about when the over temp comes on. I stop and anchor the boat and try to inspect the motor. I believe the impeller in the water pump took a dump because the intake screen is clean and no water coming out the discharge. I pull the shroud off the motor and we are sitting I am waiting for the motor to cool off because I do not want to cook the motor. My father in law who has not ran an outboard in over 30 years or owned a boat motor over 10hp is suddenly an outboard trouble shooting expert on larger 4 stroke outboards. Luckily whenever he pulls this expert BS I ask him where he learned that at the VFW or Legion bar.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Isnt that thing new? Id be pizzed!

13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Should have had him blow in the discharge tube to remove possible obstruction.

Paddle back home or get a tow?

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
  15. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Turns out my dad knows a neighbor of the McCloskey's and has himself had interactions with them. My dad was a historic restoration contractor and auctioneer in my hometown right outside St. Louis. One of his better clients lives a couple doors down from the McCloskey's and said it's karma coming back to bite them in the ass, they're the letter writing and sue happy HOA kinda folks of the neighborhood. Apparently, my dad sold them a bunch of antiques over the years but had nothing bad to say about them other than they're lawyers.

16. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Try blowing and sucking on the pee hole before you give up on it. You may have to pull the cover and unhook the tubing from the little peehole nozzle that that the water squirts out of (should just be a little push on barb connection) I had that same thing (minus the wannabe mechanic father-in-law) happen on one of my Yamahas and it turned out to be nothing more than a tiny piece of seashell that got through the intake screen, made it all the way through the system until it got caught at the barn where the rubber tubing connects to the little plastic pee hole nozzle. On most larger motors the water that you see coming out of the peehole is actually only a small portion of the total cooling flow with the majority of the cooling water discharge actually occurring elsewhere, but I can confirm from experience that at least as far as a Yamaha 300 4-stroke goes, if that little port gets clogged it will cause the overheat buzzer to kick on. I don’t actually think that the clogged peehole blocks enough of the cooling water flow to cause the motor to truly overheat but rather there is a pressure sensor that detected the change in pressure caused by the blockage and tripped the overheat buzzer, but that’s just my speculation. Regardless, when that situation happened to me, as soon as I got the little shard of seashell out of the peehole the overheat buzzer stopped coming on and hasn’t been back a single time since.

Even if it is the impeller its not the end of the world. I’ve changed them on a couple different brands and sizes of outboards and have yet to come across one that I would even call moderately difficult. If you know how to use a ratchet and sockets then you have all the skills necessary.

One tip I have for you if you do decide to replace it yourself is that when you order the new impeller you should go ahead and order a new baseplate and the little cup housing that impeller spins in too. When the impeller goes bad it’ll often cause the surfaces of those parts to get all chowdered up and grooved and if you don’t replace them then the new impeller is going to get chewed up in no time from rubbing against the damaged surface.

17. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I try telling my wife this as frequently as possible..

dnoodles, janesburg and Fix like this.
  18. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Zoom's stock price has tripled this year, boosting its market capitalization to about $59 billion.

Apparently a lot of people are and god bless them and my 401K:)

19. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats. You and Hunter Biden should party together in Vegas. Hear he's a riot.

https://m.timesofindia.com/gadgets-...se-says-zoom-ceo/amp_articleshow/75567581.cms

If you think for one second that that geofence in China isn't chain link with a million holes, I got some stock I would like to sell you as well. Hot tip on Bitcoin, double your money in one day- offer is only good for next 30mins tho; so act fast. PM me I'll send you my wallet info

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have about 29,000 reasons why I don't care, I am the "it's about me movement".