Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just received an invoice for a show that was supposed to happen in December in Texas. That is a hard hell no from me.

2. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Many are promoting the heck out of stuff that they know isn't going to happen, if they can get some people to pay now knowing they can will get a full refund the show groups will make money off of the interest.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heard this on the news tonight, also stated there could be a fine 9f $2k and you would have to answer a summons where you could be forced to adhere.

My main question, what travel restrictions is he placing on his own miscreants? How many NY'ers do you think were(still are?) super spreaders in other locations?

Early on they should have declared essential travelers and non-essential travelers the same way they did employees.

Cuomo is about as big of a blathering idiot as Pritzker is, and sadly both are going to tax the hell out of their residents to recoup the loss created by the greater metro area fails.

Video gaming has opened back up here, keep thinking to nyself everytime I see people sitting at a machine "wonder how much the payout odds have changed in the last 5 months".

ash d likes this.
  4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t read through or kept up with this thread so not sure if this has been posted.

Reports coming out of FL stating “33 Florida labs were just busted cooking the books.. reporting 98% positivity rather than 9.8!!!”

Reports of nurses sending non-swabbed tests in and getting back that they were all positive... Even though they weren’t swabbed with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...ve-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results.amp

MnHunterr likes this.
  6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I hope this thread survives for another 7 months or at least gets updated periodically.

And no, I am not saying I hope the virus is still around for 7 months, I'm stating I cannot wait for the post pandemic headlines to start hitting after the election is an afterthought and the Pandemic is declared over(whenever that is).

MnHunterr likes this.
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On a side not I get to wear a mask again Friday when I return to my Dr.

Impromptu appt. that I hope ends up all for not, but news making headlines here is the clinic where I am going has had several staff test positive in recent days. I'm not too worried about it though as I will have a non virus rated mask given to me before I am allowed out of the entryway, so I can protect everyone else afterall.

I'm going to request to have an antibody test scheduled while I am there, while Covid is the least of my concerns with the visit curiosity of whether I have had it is getting the best of me.

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wish there was a study that could differentiate actual Covid-19 deaths from presumed or classified as due to testing positive regardless of symptoms.

So much BS with this BS, yet the US is the one "struggling" to get it under control because we have so many naive citizens during an election year in which so many political narratives and motives are running rampant amongst us.

Ugh, I need to go rinse my mouth out with soap as I just spoke politics when I have been attempting to avoid doing so

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When fox picks this up that will confirm it.

13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you are obviously not watching Fox tonight.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And when CNN ignores it there must be something to it

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    By the way tube bender, where's your Dr. Osterholm these days?

Secondly, to the second wave.

How will the second wave transpire if the media and liberal politicians do not allow the first wave to end? Will it be an imbedded wave indistinguishable from the first wave, yet obvious enough to be given the title as such?

Thirdly, will you get the vaccine when it is released? Do you trust your "trusted feeds" on the seriousness of it that it is needed even to the fact that a Trump led initiative produced it?

16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Check website

17. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The company I work for is not huge by any means. It is what I would call a medium sized company with roughly $650-$750 million in sales per year. This year we will bust a billion by far. Sad thing is they are working the production department like dogs and have no remorse. It’s all about the dollar. We produce all kinds of hand sani btw. Germ-x being our name brand but we sell hundreds of other health and beauty products.

18. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got kind of harassed for not wearing a mask today in a casey’s general store by an employee. I Am not against wearing masks. The only problem I see with them especially in this Midwest heat is they are constantly being tampered with and improperly worn by %95 of people wearing them. I personally feel like I’m suffocating wearing one. So what’s the deal. It seems to be all for show at this point. There is no way to ensure that everyone will wear one properly and when worn improperly I think only creates more potential to spread any germs or virus. So if more people are wearing them improperly (which I believe to be true) then it actually makes things worse. I’m not one to argue in public so I obliged and said I wouldn’t forget next time. Their turf their rules

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My work, CNC manufacturing of large parts for mining, oil, aero and even some D.O.D contracts, has made several attempts to get hand sanitizer for their Covid-19 planning/procedures.

First order went belly up, placed but not able to be filled. Second was 2 55 gallon drums @ $1600 apiece. First one showed up and they started putting it in mini bottles for placement at work stations. Put them out and I tried it out, straight up tequilla smell. They realized this halfway through filling the bottles and bought some peppermint oil. Smelled like a peppermint schnapps with a tequilla/guava smell.

Second try was a batch of small, 2-3 oz. bottles of gel, same exact thing, guava was the scent of the day.

Now they have hands free dispensers in the restrooms that mist with a liquid, yep smells like tequilla as well.

Every now and then a hungover morning can be torturous

20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You shoukd have pulled up your shirt, if possible, and said "sorry, I forgot"

Same thing these toilet paper like masks do.

I'll wear a mask if one is required where I need to go, does no good IMO but I'll comply.

I won't wear one when not required, as long as everyone else treats themselves as infected I have nothing to worry about....

Shocker99 likes this.