Stoked to be here

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Eddiem0nster, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

My name is Eddie, I'm 29, born and raised in York, South Carolina. Served six years in the US Navy as a search and rescue swimmer. Got out and stayed in San Diego California, been 0ut about 5 years, lots of hardship trying to find my purpose. Just got hired on with La County Fire Department. With the benefits/pension of LA County its a no brainer I will have to ride out the next 14 years or so out here. Since I was in the military I had no time to commit to bow hunting and I barely could make it home to hunt. Living in Cali is not really ideal but with La County fire I can build a decent life for myself. I'm honestly looking forward to serving the people and saving lives just like I did in the military. I hate that I won't be able to be back home and do all the things I love regarding hunting but I'll be able to make enough money to go on guide trips and that's the goal. Work my ass off and go on one badass trip somewhere a year and create some awesome memories. Being at the level of hunter I am it only seems the next step is bowhunting. I'm looking to build my network of hunters outside my hometown friends. My main thing is looking for forums about hunting outfitters and things revolving that so when I do pull the trigger I know it will be a well thought out calculated decision. I will do my own research regarding equipment, bows and I will make sure I'm ready when the day comes. I'm very happy to be here and can't wait to be in the woods again, felt like I haven't seen a tree in a long time, haha.

This deer below is something that in my opinion is damn near impossible, I always scout in the rain and lucky for me I caught this guy chasing a doe about 100 yards out and dropped him where he stood. I had been scouting for hours prior to this and this is definitely my most memorable hunt thus far. I got the opportunity to go home for a month last year. Smyrna, SC
    [​IMG]

This was my just in case buck below and other than the one above I didn't see anything that I wanted to harvest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below was my first-year in the military I got to come home and get this one, it was pretty damn cold and he was chasing a doe, less than 15 yards from me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways, thanks for reading and looking forward to diving in here.

Mod-it likes this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum. Great buck and fun story. Thank you for your service and your maintaining dedication to helping society. Although I can't help you with west coast stuff, if you have any tech or broad stroke questions just post them up.

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome neighbor.

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  5. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey man I appreciate it, you wouldn't happen to have some land in Kansas or Iowa would ya ? :lol: Jk, man I'm so stoked on making it to these two states with my bow.

6. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy, you must live pretty close to York county then huh?

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry man, I'm a NYer.

8. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Eddie!

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome. Thank you for your service! Some nice bucks there. I’m not much on outfitter hunting or anything out west so no help there but good luck in your pursuits.

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  10. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. Hey that's ok, just kind of working with the cards I've been dealt. In a perfect world I'd be chasing them just like you guys every season. Idk if any of you have heard of Bob Fromme but he held the SCI record for Brown bear for a long time with a bow. I'm buying a bow at his shop and luckily that's pretty much all he does, so he's gonna help me out and connect me with some reputable people. Check his youtube video out of the brown bear on kodiak island, it's gnarly.

Shocker99 likes this.
  11. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used to have a hunting book on someone who lived up in New York and man he used to get some giants in the mountain areas.

12. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Probably the Benoit’s. They were Godfathers of tracking and killing big bucks.

13. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    That’s awesome I haven’t heard of him but I’ll check the video out. Would love to hunt bear some day. I’m just a sheltered midwesterner from south western Illinois haha. Whitetail, waterfowl, and small game.

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  14. Eddiem0nster

Eddiem0nster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check out THE HUNT on amazon prime, its all about hunting big browns on Kodiak Island. Illinois has got some good genetics for big whitetails so hopefully you get a good one this year.

Shocker99 likes this.
  15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    North of the border. Charlotte area.

Eddiem0nster likes this.
  16. Hidalgo

Hidalgo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the best bowhunting board