Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I travel thru Hannibal every other month or more. Last month we stopped and camped at the Mark Twain caves.... pretty fun.

2. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Next time you are in Silver lake let me know...... My jeep is more fun than those ;) vroom vroom

3. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy totaled a Razor from wild bills last year:moose:. Will be back up and I am buying at Friggen Chicken

4. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea its pretty nice down there. I haven't been since it went under new management. The caves aren't bad to go through. If you stay on interstate and cross into IL and go through Barry, that's bout 10 mins away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I do love that chicken....

6. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:

Nice... yeah we did the Mark Twain Cave tour. It was alot of fun and our kids enjoyed it quite a bit. I tried to make them all listen to The Adventures of Tom Sawyer on Audiobook as we drove down in the RV. The kids didn't pay much attention and then had questions about the characters discussed in the cave. I was like... shoulda listened to the story... duh lol Now mine are reading the book

7. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey MN_Jay,
    All jokes and kidding aside, everyone wishes you the best for your health! Are you willing to share any updates on your recovery?

8. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks HotRod, I appreciate the well wishes. Thankfully I've had a pretty uneventful recovery so far. Aside from my initial mild fever last Tuesday, I've been symptom-free. I am obviously still in quarantine which is scheduled to end on Friday if I don't suddenly get another fever. Both the Minnesota dept of Health and the CDC have backed off on quarantine time from 14 day to 10, hence my freedom on Friday. I've very much looking forward to this because this has been the longest 8 days of my life, luckily I have my laptop and can do some work here but it has been a very long and boring isolation. The most surprising part in all this is that my wife and 2 daughters all tested negative (thankfully).

oldnotdead, GregH, cantexian and 8 others like this.
  9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Florida's Department of Health confirmed 7,347 additional cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday morning, bringing the state's total to 213,794.

16.3% of coronavirus tests from Monday came back positive, which is a new mark for the highest rate of percent positivity in a single day.

Florida also announced 63 additional fatalities, increasing the statewide death toll to 3,841.

California and Texas have also seen an alarming spike in Covid-19 cases and subsequent hospitalizations recently.

On Monday, California Gov. Gavin Newsom confirmed that the number of Californians hospitalized by the virus has risen by roughly 50% over the last two weeks; hospitalizations in Texas have reportedly seen a 400% increase over the past month.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...pacity-with-zero-beds-available/#26adfcbe3e70

At this point let's start sending resources to these people now before it gets real ugly.

10. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My covid antibody test was negative, also the second tick tests were negative too. I guess I will have to chalk it up to good old fashion pneumonia. Which is still lingering

cantexian, Hotrod9, Okiebob and 3 others like this.
  11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Colleges are not going to make it this fall. All kinds of student athletes testing positive upon their return to train this summer. Told the wife its either take this thing on head on and just get back to life or dont do crap for 6 to 12 months. Ain't no half stepping.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The NFL, MLB, and NHL are still pretending that there is going to be a season.

Hotrod9 and MN_Jay like this.
  13. MN_Jay

Dislikes Received:
    The problem being is that there isn't enough known as to whether you can catch it more than once. Granted once you recover your body has the antibodies to fight it and if there is a second time around, you may not even know it.

14. MN_Jay

Dislikes Received:
    Friends have been texting me for a while now, all telling me how much money you can make by donating plasma if you've recovered from Covid. Something to the tune of $750 the first time and $500 for each time after that. I haven't called but if true, sign me up.

cantexian, oldnotdead and dnoodles like this.
  15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That’s it exactly

Seems Florida for sure is taking it head on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    120 people died today in Florida, that’s right pro lifer;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trial153 likes this.
  18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    that's one of the biggest and most dishonest red herrings you spread on this site.

Being "pro-life" means one supports the right of the defenseless unborn to be protected from being intentionally killed inside the womb through no fault and no choice of their own by at least one grown adult who intentionally commits an act that the only result thereof said act is the murder/death of said unborn.

That has nothing to do with a physically capable human being, making a conscious decision to conduct normal human activity which may, MAY result in the interaction with another adult human, who may, MAY be infected with a SOMETIMES deadly virus; and said SOMETIMES deadly virus MAY pass from person 1 to person 2; and the result of that infection MAY result in the sickness and even, although EXTREMELY UNLIKELY death of said Human#2.

Your analogy is exactly the same conceptually that since if I am pro-life; since lightning strikes do sometimes but rarely kill someone; if I am against the government banning people from going outside during thunderstorms; this somehow makes me a Pro-Life hypocrite.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You're giving ol' Gator Socket too much attention

dnoodles likes this.
  20. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    One of my biggest faults is I sometimes feed the trolls.
    However, sometimes, albeit rarely, I get through to that guy.

Sota likes this.