NFL thread

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    NFL Salaries are tied to revenue, Pat is getting $450 million over 10 years because he will generate more revenue than that for the owner of the team. Why would you complain about your highest commissioned sales guy making so much $ when he is making you so many $.

MN_Jay and Germ like this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not going to speak for him here but it's fairly obvious that if we cared less about a GD game then these ppl would not get paid ridiculous amounts of money (again.. for a game). This would free up that money in a capitalistic society to be spent on other things. The problem is not with capitalism but with our collective priorities.

GregH likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fix, you have an interesting theory. Tell you what lets start with Hollywood, delete the sexual predators in show business and if things start trending up and improving society we move on to eliminating sports.

Fix likes this.
  4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree with you on that Sota. Sports is not the first thing I would want gone but it's on the list. Hollywood is number 1

Sota likes this.
  5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Why does this have to get political? Really? Can we just talk about whether COVID will cancel our hopes and dreams...oh wait...Nevermind

Honestly, people who complain about others really get under my skin. So Mahomes got half a billion? So did Mike Trout, and guess what...they are worth it.

Jeffery Epstein made more money (supposedly) then that and he was simply a rapist con man. At least Mahomes has a skill.

And honestly, for all the idiots who complain about Hollywood and sports and big CEOs having money, do you realize that NO MATTER WHAT someone has to be poor. Somewhere has to be a ghetto. Someone has to live worse than another. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make everything even in society.

The real question is whether I need to renew my NFL Sunday Ticket in order to watch Packers games...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Germ likes this.
  6. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    First off ( as your idiot example) I don't care who gets what. If you reread I pointed out our priorities as a nation. If you sell drugs don't cry about cops, if you make millions playing a game don't cry when a free safety takes your head off and you are done at 25. You poach deer to get a better following and get caught, enjoy being excommunicated. If less ppl gave a **** about others and escaping their ****ty reality via movies, sports, whatever and took that time to further themselves we would be better off. But I digress, this is all just ramblings of a idiot that doesn't watch sports or give a crap what whoopi has to say.

7. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How does Mahomes getting a 500 million dollar contract play into defunding the police, education, and poverty issues??

[​IMG]

What about the billionaire CEO's we have supported by buying our goods for the great outdoors?! Yet, we need to defund police precincts across the nation because there's no money in this country to support education and poverty issues.......

[​IMG]

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Screwed up as a football bat.

9. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I would rather live in an economy that an owner is comfortable enough to give Mahomes to get that contract. Let's face it, it's a great example of capitalism at its finest - like mentioned earlier, an owner payed him that much money decided that this will reap more financial rewards for the owner than if he didn't pay him. That is always good for an economy as a whole, imagine the economic trickle effect of the NFL as a whole - vendors, merchandise, marketing, etc, etc. All that equates to jobs, which in turn equates to more money paid to fund police, fire, etc. The more disposable income that is available to the middle class, the better the economy is.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Preach it!!!!

Hot Tub installed today, next is the 55'' outdoor TV setup. Then I install my outdoor cooking area and I am ready for some football!!!!

Siman/OH likes this.
  11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    upload_2020-7-7_16-59-10.png

Should I mount the TV in the corner or the side? I think the corner would be better viewing for all locations to sit. It's a six person I am also installing a sound bar.

Shocker99 likes this.
  12. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mount 2

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I can’t off the stimulus moochers bought tv’s or meat;)

Siman/OH likes this.
  14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It may be better protected on the wall as opposed to that corner but I’m thinking of the soffit keeping water off of it, more overhead protection. It would be better viewing in the corner though. How Watertight are the outdoor tv’s? Are they waterfproof or just resistant?

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Completely waterproof

16. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I’d go In the corner for sure then. Nice set up

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So just a bit of clarification on my comment.

I don't care who it is that got what, I like Mahomes and he's got talent. I get capitalism and he's the bread and butter for the Chief's right now.

Probably shouldn't have went in this thread but was viewing it when I read an article on it. Haven't been paying attention to sporting news much because not many sports will be played this year.

That was part of it, all that money goes out, even though incentive based, but an entire season will likely be lost this yearand who knows what sports will be like moving forward ijbthe next few seasons.

So to recoup costs everything raises in prices and fans are the hardest hit.

The political part on the defunding etc. was more in oart the holier than thou elitists like Lebron and others that feel they are so much bigger than the game their opinion should hold that much more weight. Just shut up and play the game you are being over paid to play.

Was nothing against Mahomes, just a frustrated me typing with a somewhat inhebriated attitude. I'm just fed up with this country and the world right now.

Maybe 2021 will be a good season for sports, who knows...

18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know..... I think I'm with Fix. Priorities, A guy who goes out in a blizzard or storm and fixes a downed power line that possibly saves peoples lives gets 60-80K per year or a guy who plays a game, which is meaningless, gets 45 mil per year?

I think something got screwed up along the way.

greatwhitehunter3, Fix and short69 like this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Millions and millions of people do not pay to watch the guy fix power lines.

Germ likes this.
  20. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not saying kill all sports or that they are the problem. I forget the movie but there was a scene where TV (all tv) suddenly went out. The ppl looked around like coming out of a trance. All the sudden talking to family, reading, going outside. I think we as a nation need a little of that. With internet, tv, movies, and sports.

Sota likes this.