Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do we take it upon ourselves to get tested regularly to see if we are asymptomatic? Or just wear a mask and hope for the best?

I guess I haven't talked to anyone who has voluntarily went in to get tested "just to see."

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have two friends that did that today. They are coming over this weekend. Be interesting to see what comes of it.

3. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Mandatory mask wearing everywhere outside of the home where social distancing can't be maintained. Just went into effect today here in PA.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll do a quick test if offered, but I'll be damned if I'm taking the brain jab via nostril unless I'm having symptoms

Sue me :lol:

oldnotdead, GregH and TJF like this.
  6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do whatever you want, lol

Dnoddles the mask are not about you inhaling anything, it’s about those who may have it reduce the about of droplets.

So if a person is wearing a mask, coughing and 6ft away from you, you’re going to be fine.

Hair cut place both the hair cut folks had covid and saw 146 clients and 0 got it. Both wearing masks clients were not.

Take a bar in East Lansing where appeasers 1 person had it and now over 100 have it from that one person no mask in a bar.

I am I interested to see the data from the WV gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Racks&Ridges

Racks&Ridges Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man it's been awhile since I've been on here. I sure do miss everyone's opinion it gets me going. So I started reading got to page 5 and just came straight to the end........I had the virus December 26th and it was brutal gents. Nyquil and dayquil didn't do a thing against it! Even got proof on our Team forum from last seasons competition dated the 28th. 6 days with a fever and breathing problems. At this time the virus wasn't being talked about worldwide, so I didn't think anything of it. I also work downtown Chicago so that will some it up how I got it! Crazy world we live in but I'm a survivor without a hospital. So I may have won the first of us to have it, is what im really saying!........but on a side note I hope you all are doing well and can't wait to get 20ft high again!

cantexian, GregH, MnHunterr and 2 others like this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gotcha channel locks, you answered my question but directed it to dnoodles.

So since I am not coughing and sneezing, nor am I emitting droplets I'm good to go without a mask.

9. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about "just to see"; but I know several people who were tested because they have high-risk people living at home with them. All negative. They (Fauci, INC) are angling toward a universal testing mandate. Watch.

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You'll need to post two different pics with infected and test results, oh and don't forget to include time and date......

:lol:

11. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    You must be a butcher. Aside from my screen name; you also butcher physics. K-95 masks do nearly nothing to regulate exhaled particles.
    I think VS summed it up best. You got to have a pretty air tight seal on a real gas mask to keep anything in or out. These cheap ass and homemade monstrosities are about as effective as a paper bag on your head.

Personally, when required I have been wearing a Buff mask. I know it does literally nothing aside from satisfy some meaningless mandate; but I actually like it because now nobody can see my facial expressions.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    GregH likes this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The unknown comic was ahead of his time

dfc316d1c0ae0972adcb7f7d4ea049a8.jpg

13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I kind of figured the masks were complete BS when back in April they accidentally showed the White House presser where literally nobody was wearing a mask until they were called upon, then they would put on a mask as soon as they were on camera...hell there was even that Fox reporter John Roberts hot mic moment where the janitor guy said "nobody here (the White House) wears a mask because they all got vaccinated"

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/goldstatetimes/status/1252390291018878979?s=21

dnoodles likes this.
  15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Strong employment growth, added 4.8m

Shocker99 and virginiashadow like this.
  17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I am listening to a local AM morning show (Dan Profft on 560 AM ; check him out he's similiar in style and about as brilliant as Ben Shapiro) and right now he's interviewing a guy who was high up at WHO...this crescent wrench (totally stealing that) says that normal talking is a more effective aerosolyzer of water vapor and therefore more dangerous than coughing.

This WHO guy is also saying to wear a mask outside and extend social distancing by more than 6 feet; and that it's "too early in the pandemic" to say that young people are not at risk because we do not yet know if their symptoms will return.

Profft pushed back pretty hard with published studies on the inefficacy on K95 masks in preventing influenza, questions about the economic impact, etc and this WHO guy had pretty much no response other than 'we don't know yet; but until we do Lockdown Forever' (paraphrasing.)

Hard to describe the interview in detail here, but time and time again you could see that these 'experts' come at the pandemic from a sterile clinical viewpoint at all times; and have no idea of or even interest in real world behaviors and public policy/socioeconomic systems and impacts.

18. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If this goes on much longer we should double down and add a picture of the bow and arrows in the 10 ring. Or triple down, positive test result on the same day as a deer harvest... bow and deer must be in the photo along with positive result AND time & date.

19. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from giving more blood, this time it was for the covid antibody test and to double check the tick borne disease’s again. Should know next week.

Hotrod9 likes this.
  20. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you back at 100% yet?

arrowflinger1 likes this.