New Spypoint MicroLink S LTE

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by kurveball18, Jun 30, 2020.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    So i'm really interested in the new Micro links that are coming out that have the solar panel and lithium battery.They come out in a few days actually from what Spypoint told me.

Reason i'm posting here is I just wanted to get guys thoughts on the previous years Micro's. To my understanding a ton of people had issues with them but wanted to see how they are now that a year has gone by. Have they fixed a lot of the issues with software updates?

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any experience with that particular camera. I do know there were alot of problems with the first generation micro links. I think they may have got some of this problems fixed later in the year. I will speak about the solar system they use because I do have a Spypoint link S with the solar panel. I can say it works phenomenal! You literally never have to change the batteries. When I first got it I was changing the batteries about every three months because the camera is three hours away and I go to that property about every three months. I was thinking I didn't want them go dead in between my visits there so I would change them. Over time I found that wasn't necessary. The current set of batteries has been in the camera for more than a year now. I really don't know how long they will actually go. That solar panel works great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldnotdead and kurveball18 like this.
  3. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you sir. I really like the solar panel idea and from what I read this new Micro will have the Lit-10 battery pack in it so no batteries to buy. My hunting spot is just over an hour away but still not easy for me to just run over to anytime. On top of that, 1 of the spots I want to put it is a pretty good hike. From what I was told, I should be able to get them ordered this next week so i'm keeping my figures crossed I get them and they work decent without issues.

Have you put your cam in any shaded areas like Pines? One spot i was hoping to put it is in pines and I'm not so sure the solar panel would get enough light to keep the cam charged.

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My camera is in the woods with a pretty heavy canopy. Even during the time alot of the leaves are off, it's still pretty shaded there. But it doesn't seem to have ever been a problem. Here's a couple of examples from it. Foilage on, foilage off.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldnotdead and kurveball18 like this.
  5. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:

Very nice, The way i might look at it is i'll put it in that spot and try it. The cool thing is we got the app which tells us battery level I believe. So if i see it getting low, then i know I have to make a trip to move it a little bit to a tad more light. The app is nice being able to have all that info from the comfort of your home.

6. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought last years Micro S Link and swear by it.

Couple blips, but doesn’t everything get a blip here and there ?

Picture quality kinda sux but to me what’s important is getting the time stamps in advance of your day of hunting rather than pulling a card and finding what time they just ran in and out.

So in the end ? I swear by my Micro S Link. I just got a second. A friend I turned on to them, ended up buying 3.

In the end, you can pre plan your hunt times and feel you are in lock step with the animals patterns that day using current daily lead up info, not last weeks card pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought two of the link-s when they went on sale on trailcampro. Only thing I wish is that they would come out with a no glow. They are my first cellular camera though and I must say I really like them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  8. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would add I’m disappointed in the night pictures that come to the app though

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums