Funniest Hunting Story

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SheddingLightTravis, Jun 23, 2020.

1. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone, my name is Travis and I am the host of Shedding Light Hunting Stories Podcast. It’s a podcast dedicated to the average Joe that features the average Joe and their hunting stories. I was wanting to do an episode or maybe a few episodes in the next few weeks that feature people’s funniest hunting stories. I believe there’s a lot of negativity and anger online these days. I’d like to try and lighten the mood and put some smiles on people’s faces. Do you have a funny hunting story or stories you’d be willing to tell? So here’s how it would work and the options: -Come on the podcast as a guest and tell your story or stories. I use Skype to record. -Record yourself and send the recording to [email protected]. -Write your story below and I might read it or retell the best ones on the podcast. One other thing so you’re aware...I am a Christian and I often tie in a spiritual component to my podcasts. Nothing too deep or in your face, just simple lessons from the woods that relate to the word. My guests don’t have to talk about faith unless they want to. So I leave that up to you on your interview/recording/comment story. Would love to gather up some good stories and have a few really fun episodes. (I may not be able to include every story submitted due to time and possible volume). Thanks and hope you all have an amazing week. If you’d like to check out the podcast you can do so here: http://sheddinglightstories.buzzsprout.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One spring turkey I was hunkered down in a very nice downfall. It was just back from a long slope on my right and fairly level in front and to my left. I had fired up a tom down on the slope but he had hens with him already. There he was just the tip of his fan visible to me as he spit and drummed pacing back and forth. His hens were getting vocal at my calls when everything went quiet. A few minutes later as I could still see his fan the hens appeared in front of me. The three came looking for the hen they had heard, walking right at me. Then one at a time each stepped up to the end of my gun barrel cocked their heads as if they were looking into it. They then walked down to the Tom clucking and purring their report to him and they all walked away. I had such a hard time not laughing out loud at those hens peeking down that barrel of my shot gun.

grommel likes this.
  3. zeeinn

zeeinn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. revwilder

revwilder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey brother, I would be glad to share a hilarious story of my first coon hunt. I could share it on your show, or however you would like. I'm a pastor and speak at wild game dinners often. I'm also founder of Pastors in the Outdoors. A ministry to refresh and revive Senior Pastors through exceptional outdoor experiences. - Dennis Wilder (270)889-4933

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SheddingLightTravis likes this.