Where to look for lease?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Humpythahunter, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Humpythahunter

Humpythahunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m in the process of trying really hard to find me and my dad a lease in East Tennessee. Where do y’all look for leases? I’ve searched HLN, BaseCamp Leasing, Facebook and Craigslist. Is there any other sites or something else I should check out? Struggling to find anything. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You already covered all of the ones I typically monitor. You just need to be diligent and ready to pounce when something shows up, because they go quick! Found one on Craigslist last year I really, really wanted and was ready to agree and cut the guy a check without even walking the place. Someone else beat me to the punch, and the listing was a couple hours old at best.

Humpythahunter likes this.
  3. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Create your own opportunities. Knock on some door yourself. All of the lease brokers take a cut of the lease price. Cut out the middle man.

Shocker99 likes this.
  4. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. SkylarPreston

SkylarPreston Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in East Tennessee Rogersville area. I’d make a few Facebook post in some hunting groups that are in the area your looking for. I’m sure some hunters would know some leases you could look in. I wish I could help I only know two leases and they’re both full.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1. Check out GIS for the county(s) you want to hunt. Get contact addresses and send letters of inquiries and do the due diligence of following up.

2. Find small tracts that are owned and farmed by big time farmers or land investors and then investigate access...

I have been leasing for the last 15 years even though we have a family farm of 300 acres... The past 6 have been in a lease by myself.
    If you can afford it, lease by yourself. This solves a lot of issues of being a member where hunting strategies are not always aligned.

Getting your foot in the door is a challenge, but once you do make sure and treat the place like its your own... Landowners appreciate leasers who make sure to close gates, not rut up farm roads and leaves no sign they were there.