The Open Freezer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hunters have an opportunity like nobody else to meet the need of others through the open freezer.

The post The Open Freezer appeared first on Bowhunting.com.

Continue reading...

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I own just one " mount ". It was done by an elderly gentlemen that I shot the buck for. I had hunted all bow season for a doe to give him but it just wasn't happening and this poor sole was in dire straights. He'd been ripped off by drug addicts, and the town was condemning his home trying to force a sale. This man had been a teacher and served his community for years.
    I finally got this buck to come in range and took him. Gutted him and took him to the mans home. I told him to sell the hide and he could keep the rack for what ever . He had tears in his eyes as he hugged me and thanked me saying " You have no idea your saving my life. ". I got the word out and people started stepping up with food gifts.
    Several weeks later he called and asked me to come down. He had found some scrap wood ,hooks and stain . Mounted the dried antlers to this as a thank you gift. It will always be my one and only mount . One that no other no matter the size could ever compare.

IMG_20200610_142534_hdr.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  3. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That’s an awesome story. Hunt of a lifetime that no outfitter could sell you

oldnotdead likes this.