Jekyll & Hyde Broadhead Test vid

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bowhuntr64, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just finished testing the brand new Jekyll & Hyde Broadhead by Dale Perry, the designer of the Gravedigger. It's the first modular hybrid broadhead ever made. VERY cool design. Check it out and let me know what you think:

dnoodles likes this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Caught this on your youtube channel last night. Looks like a wicked head.

Quick question- do the expandable blades swivel? Like if the left side encounters a bone, will that blade pivot back towards the shaft as the right blade pivots forward?

Also, in your opinion would the mechanical version be good for turkey? Would that retention pin snap to allow blade deployment when hitting that light of an animal?

3. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very good questions. The blades do not swivel, as they do in a Sevr. As for the pin, they just recommend replacing it to keep the correct tension on the blade opening. After opening and closing the blades, they can get too loose and don’t hold closed. And the blades open extremely easily on the first shot, just not too easy, so they won’t open in flight. This would be a great turkey head. I like an over the top Mech for turkeys and a big hybrid is even better. Rear deploying blades work for turkey as well, but sometimes those wings and fan butts are tough for a rear deploying head to penetrate. The mech mode of this head did extremely well in penetration in my testing; I was surprised by how well it penetrates given the blade angle and total cut size. I liked the mech mode a bit more than the fixed mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  4. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]