New To Scott Air Force Base (Illinois/Missouri)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by MJK, May 27, 2020.

1. MJK

MJK Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi,

I recently got stationed at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois, and live across the river in Missouri. Anybody have good pointers for finding public hunting land? I've checked local parks regs, and many don't allow archery hunting. Thanks for any advice or pointers.

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IH122 and MJK like this.
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check with the base recreation officer. Most military bases have hunting and fishing. We had deer on the rifle range at Fort Jackson. Fort Campbell has trout fishing. Couple of examples. Good luck.

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are you looking for public in IL or MO?

5. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I just PCS'd from there back in 2019. There are loads of public land to hunt especially archery at least in my experience. There is the opportunity to hunt on base. There is a civilian investigator over in the SFS that issues the base license. There is a limit of 100 tags sold but most of that 100 don't hunt it. There are a few that hunt base harder but ya know. I think most use it as a back up I think, at least I did. There is a draw for I want to say 25 people to hunt over on the mid America airport side which is a little better however the deer still cross silver Creek so. Send me a message and I will let you know where I went and seen animals. Kinda want to keep it low key if you get my drift. I only ever hunted IL side so only know of them.

Creech08 likes this.
  6. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have extended family on the Illinois side, Ive hunted there once, seems to be decent deer area.