Can I shorten draw length

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Griff036, May 24, 2020.

1. Griff036

Griff036 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a old extreme solo bowtech. Taking it to pro shop this week for new cables and string. Just wondering if I can shorten the draw length an inch or so Thanks for any advice. Old bow hunter here but brand new to the site

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your bow has a module system for adjusting the draw length.
    You would have to find, purchase, and install a different module that is 1" shorter than your current one.

3. Griff036

Griff036 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Exactly what bow shop told me .Time for a new bow just can’t afford it.

4. aboogie973

aboogie973 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check on eBay. They have some great deals.

5. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Griffino36, Has the shop checked your draw length? I put the Extreme Solo specs below. Do you have Option 1 or 2? Even though IBO is not a good predictor of performance, because it is estimated with max tag poundage and 29" draw length, it will show the capability of a bow over a range of setups. This bow is fast and a normal range of options for killing anything on North America. It runs an idler wheel, this has a yoke system. You or your bow shop can add or take away twists to help with the draw length and any lower cam lean (some bows work well with some cam lean). If there is anything else please reach out to the forum.

Bow Parts 1. Idler Wheel 2. Top Limb 3. Limb Tiller 4. Riser 5. Cable Slide 6. Cable Guard 7. Arrow Rest 8. Brace Height Measurement 9. Grip 10. String 11. Cable 12. Limb Bolt 13. Bottom Limb 14. Speed Nocks 15. Bottom cam (PF cam) Bow Specifications Draw Weights 60-70# Let Off 65 or 80% Axle-Axle 36’’ Mass Weight 3.7 Lbs Option 1 Brace Height 5.65’’ Draw Lengths 25-30’’ IBO 325-333 fps Option 2 Brace Height 6.65’’ Draw Lengths 26-31’’ IBO 311-319 fps Special Order 80# – 90# – 100#

6. Griff036

Griff036 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It’s crazy. I’ve shot a 28inch draw since I was around 14(I’m 51 now). Measured 26 1/2 at the bow shop Either shot long all my life or lifting weights all these years has shorten my arms! Always wondered why I couldn’t shoot without hat turned backwards. Probably buy a new bow by the end of July with correct draw length. After 18years of shooting this bow it’s been a good one

BuckHunterUnlimited likes this.
  7. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad you got it all worked out. I am 50, so keep showing the young bucks we can still shoot with the best of them. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums