ATV cover

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by oldnotdead, May 15, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I found my Otter clothe on sale for 5. 99 a yard but only able to order 6 yrds . Well found a company that had the non camo on sale for about the same price but shipping added a $1 to the yardage cost. I ordered 7 yrds of moca so!id color. That would give me a solid top with camo sides. I can sew a much heavier tear resistant cover for a fraction of the cost of a new one from JD. And it should fit better. When I'm ready I'll deconstruct the old worn out ripped one to make the new cover.
    There are some pretty good deals to be had out there. As long as you avoid cotton material and elastic

2. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! 45-60 day wait on fabric...camo arrived !ast week. . Glad the FWH material went through pay pal. E mail not returned and left on hold 15 mins before I hung up ( speaker).

3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tarp from Harbor Freight. I use them to cover my lawn tractor. Some sizes are real cheap or free in their ads or buy the bigger ones with the 20% coupon.

4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    This is going to be a fitted cover for year around and transport. I still have the old cover for now. Gorilla glue tape on rips work well for now and the winch has a separate neoprene cover ...lol
    Tarps are great, read some of my post, I get quite creative with them...as long as they are NOT BLUE!

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ps...I have a 11yr old cardboard and harbor freight blind that is still watercproof. The roof is cardboard wrapped in a tarp....I made it and am surprised it held up this long!
    Though this year it will get some up grades due to a nasty squirrel harvesting nest material.

6. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fitted cover. Got it. I think HF has camo tarps.