Hunting Camera Backpacks (Update)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Apr 27, 2020.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I am thinking about purchasing a camera this year to start doing some self filming for me, my kids, and friends. I have a camera package picked out and it comes with a camera bag/backpack but it doesn't look like its designed for hunting. Just looks like the standard camera bag you can buy anywhere. I am looking for a bag suitable to carry my camera, the camera arm and base, tripod if I am in a blind and other misc hunting stuff I use like calls, scents, etc. but also will protect my camera from getting banged around by the arm and base. Just trying to see if there are some good packs out there they you guys can put me on to that you have used and give me the pros and cons of them.

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If filming during hunting season, you might consider orange. I have a backpack for my photos stuff but not enough room for what you have listed.

JHasty likes this.
  3. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    John T. what type of pack do you use/carry? If I cant find one that I am able to carry extra gear in as long as it provides good protection for my camera I am good with that. I just don't want o buy something and then my camera gets all smashed up by camera arms and base and straps.

4. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wanted to update my post with a little info so maybe if there is someone out there asking/looking for a camera pack maybe this will help. I searched and searched looking for a pack to carry my camera stuff in. This will be my first year self filming so I had no clue of what to look for in a pack (there are tons of packs out there). While looking I had a thought cross my mind. A few months back a purchased a Alps Outdoorz Motive trail camera pack. It is small, has padded inside with padded dividers that can be moved around and rearranged to suit your needs, and has a semi hard shell around it as well. It has a small front zippered pocket, inner pocket for holding SD cards, and 2 outer pouches on the side (I am assuming for water bottles) that can be used for camera arms/tripod. I got everything organized and how I want it and I think it is going to work well for me. A little about my set up is i am using a Sony fdr-ax33 4 k camcorder with a Fourth Arrow tree arm with fluid head, and Rode mic. I have 3 batteries, rain cover for my camera and the bag, and a few other basic hunting item I carry (calls,pack rattle, thermacell,etc...) and everything fits decently. While this pack is advertised a a trail camera bag I feel it would make a good self filming camera bag for a smaller set up. I hope this helps anyone looking like I was

upload_2020-5-19_11-12-23.png
    upload_2020-5-19_11-14-9.png
    upload_2020-5-19_11-16-27.png

Justin likes this.
  5. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice
    [​IMG]

JHasty likes this.