Torque

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ILLUSION HUNTER, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got a trophy ridge react v5 and noticed that when I cup my bow grip in my hand and leave my hand open the sight angles to the right. I have my 20 yard pin set like this, but should I be pulling my bow to the left to align my vertical pins up. Do I need to go to an Archery shop. Making my pins align doesn't feel natural. I have a bowtech carbon overdrive. Need some advice please.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If possible show us your grip. It should be at a 45. Screenshot_20200501-043300.jpeg

3. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    Don't know If this shows my grip good enough, but I basically have to twist it to the left to have the pins line up[​IMG][​IMG]

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nock an arrow, thank me latter

ILLUSION HUNTER and Fix like this.
  5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's hard to say but to check pull back your bow with a complete open hand so that only the meat of your thumb touches and see if you still need to adjust. If you still do I would go to a local shop when and if open and have them critic

6. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I thought about that after the fact thanks

trial153 likes this.
  7. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like to place the grip in the "V" between the fleshy part below my thumb and the lifeline on my palm. The hand should be relaxed like it is when just hanging at your side, fingers not held open or closed. It looks like you are gripping the bow in your photo, meaning you are squeezing your fingers around the grip. The top straight on pic looks like they may be relaxed, but your side profile pic looks like they are squeezing around the grip. It looks like you are anchoring the top of the grip in about the correct spot on your hand that I mentioned above, but you have contact clear down the length of the grip including the bottom pad of your palm. Fix's pic is a good example of a proper bow hand. See how the hand contact looks in Fix's pic? Much less hand contact with the grip. Rotate your hand a bit so there is less contact with the lower part of the grip and your knuckles form more of a 45° angle if a line was drawn across the top of them.
    I also hate to bring this up, but your side angle pic shows that you are leaning back at the waist. It looks like most of your weight is on your back leg. This is usually done to compensate for too long of a draw length.
    Your bow is the spitting image of my Carbon Knight, I didn't realize the Carbon Overdrive was so similar. Is the draw length adjustable on it like my Carbon Knight? If it is, drop it a 1/2" and see how things feel.

Fix and ILLUSION HUNTER like this.
  8. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice

9. ILLUSION HUNTER

Dislikes Received:
    I'm at a 28" draw, I had it at 27.5 before but wanted to get as much speed as I can so I went to 28". I'll try going back down to 27.5 again

10. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I understand, I have the same draw length and can't ever get the speed "normal" sized humans do with a longer draw length ha ha.
    You are much better off shooting the correct draw length and being as accurate as you can. Your pin float will be much better with proper form.
    1/2" of draw length averages only about 6 fps difference, not worth the accuracy loss for that.

ILLUSION HUNTER and Fix like this.
  11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Totally with Mod on this and with proper DL you also can achieve a more solid and consistent anchor. Another thing ppl over look is stance. Never lean in or out. I struggled for years with shotgun stance (leaning in) one you correct your form, grouping and distance grouping tighten up exponentially.

ILLUSION HUNTER likes this.