Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    It helps now that we're on acreage so the kids and I aren't going stir crazy during all of this. Our old place was just 2 acres so not much to explore.

ash d and Germ like this.
  2. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can there be eventually?

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope 1 acre lot and topography. Lake is not as big as I would like but that will keep traffic down 2 other lakes in the area, part of the chain that draws more people.

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday is looking horrible for Southern states. Last thing that needs to occur is a large tornado outbreak with things stretched so thin as it is.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wait you planned your kids?

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, first 2001, second 2006.

Did you just knock your wife up at random?

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was supposed to be million to one odds that she would get pregnant without medical intervention. 2 days after I signed a purchase agreement to buy a house I planned on bulldozing learned she was pregnant. The second one just happened. After a girl and a boy and difficult pregnancies we cut the cord.

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You are one potent SOB then.

I screwed up on the first one, from the date we started to try it appears I got her prego on the first shot or perhaps the first week. So within 30 days all the fun stopped, mission accomplished. The second one took me 3 months;)

MnHunterr and Sota like this.
  9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Thank you for that clarification. I was confused when Cuomo said that the med school graduates were being graduated early so they could be "practitioners" in area hospitals. I was curious on how that would work??

10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    First insisted on private college back then 30,000 a year 4 years. She paid for her own grad school...with some assistance. Second went to community and found a job that paid his tuition there.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are scaring me. My first will graduate in 2021. I can't even afford a new truck these days, how in the hell am I going to help pay for her schooling? hahaha. But seriously, she understands that unless she receives an athletic scholarship, that she will be paying for a good portion of her own schooling. She is a heck of student....self motivated and we rarely if ever have to get on her about poor grades. Already obtained college credits as a sophomore and now a junior.

ash d likes this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    These conversations make me laugh...I knew the Exact date both my kids were to be born...well, exact being relative. I got out a calendar and counted. Grabbed hubby and said today's the day! lol
    I went to Dr on first appointment and said, first one, write this down . I'm having a girl and she'll be born between the 6 and 9th of May. Well he laughed out loud. I went into labor on the 7th and had her Mothers day the 8th. Second same thing but I planned on my birthday . Went in said son on April 1st. Went into labor on my birthday. Had him on the 2nd, he wanted his own birthday.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Want some advise for what it's worth?
    This is from my daughter,. I should have listened and gone to a community that would transfer credits to a better school after the first 2 yrs. Then there is the whole major, she switched 3 times. Now not really bad because she has used all of it. This said, went into higher education worked up to chief of staff under president at a private university. Hating every second and quit the day they announced another advancement. Now in banking doing legal contract review. Think about the type of people you will have to work with in what ever field you choose. If you don't think you'll ever be happy around a certain type of person you'll never be happy in the career you choose with those people.

Swamp Stalker and virginiashadow like this.
  14. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What will help is AP classes(dual enrollment) and pass those tests if you have them where you live. Hillary went in with her Freshmen year done and was pretty close to a sophomore, but make sure the college accepts them.

For Hillary:
    Purdue
    Michigan

Were her top two choices, neither would accept college credits for all she did in Highschool. Michigan State did accept it all, so that's where she decided to go which saved us money and her time. She only has to take 12 credit hours semester to get her dual degrees Computer Science(AI) and Japanese. She works for the IT department at MSU 15 hours a week. This gives her a bit of spending money and she's doing a really good job saving, she liked spending my money in HS, but those 5.00 cups of coffee have been replaced with ones from the cafeteria in college now that she's paying for them:).

Also, we decided no car for her the entire college, she gets around via the bus system and walking and has everything she needs. Her grandmother left her a Lincoln MKZ, I suggested she sell it before the start of her first year, she did and put the money in the bank. She's an hour away so no big deal. Also saved on insurance for dad and now my daughter does not drive a better car than me. I learned a lot the first year, feel free to ask and if your daughter has any questions I am sure Hillary will give her the 411 on her first year, yes even her first time drinking, it will happen.

virginiashadow likes this.
  15. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks buddy. The majority of her classes have been AP. She has received some college credits from VCU here in Richmond. She is starting to narrow her college choices down, but with the SAT's cancelled among the current health situation, things have really slowed down. That is awesome about her working for MSU's IT department. I've spoken to my kids about doing internships or working like your daughter to develop contacts and experience. I never did that while in school and wish I had.

16. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    She also joined some clubs SWE(Society of Women Engineering) for one with a lot of contacts she was supposed to be in New York at a conference last week. Also, she got accepted into the honors college and at the breakfast mingled with some companies and got two scholarships for next year. She's handling her college career on her own, pays the bill schedule classes I am pretty impressed being she still can't turn off a light in my damn house. Dad is not impressed by how she dresses for the football games, lol. But what can I do

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had some problems earlier, kept getting connection not private issues throughout the day.

Eventually got back on last time but was logged out and when I tried to log back in would not accept my password.

If anyone else has similar issues message bowhunting.com on facebook and they can get you squared away.

Just posting this as you can still view posts but can't speak out :lol:

Screenshot_20200410-115342_Chrome.jpg

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My guess its a cert issue on bowhunting.com side.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Or a virus?