Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Our county 'ordered' a stay home beginning on Thurs.

Not exactly sure how enforceable it is, but I've been wfh for a couple weeks.

2. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got my letter telling everyone I am indispensable. How about a pay raise instead?

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody at work thought it would be a good idea to order lunch in for all the employees Thursday, gather all the employees and concentrate them so if just one is sick the whole company gets it. Brilliant.

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People dont know how to use personal protection gear. No rhyme or reason as to the use of gloves. They wear gloves and touch door handles and all kinds of surfaces. Then have their food served to them in bags and containers. They then touch all over those things with the potentially contaminated gloves. Remove gloves then start touching all over their contaminated bags and containers before eating their food with their fingers. My goodness. Why even wear the darn things?

5. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couple more days and they'll be popping like crazy, still a little early. Did find a few small ones and some wood ears. 20200324_151145.jpg 20200324_150338.jpg 20200324_145716.jpg

GregH, Bone Head Hunter and cls74 like this.
  6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping for the nicer weather to hold off here for just a little longer. Mid April would be nice, but a late start wouldn't be bad if the heat can hold off as well.

Right now a majority of our public land is closed due to this virus.

Okiebob likes this.
  7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea last week we saw bunch of ppl walking around store with gloves on not rubber, jerseys. One in particular was amusing. Person was walking around store shopping like usual, touching everything of course. Then in the little basket in cart had open bag of chips and was chowing down whole time eating them with same gloves. Then when we were leaving the same person carefully took gloves off, threw them away, and whipped bottle of hand sanitizer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So true!!

9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Man had to go get meds then check on TP , none, fresh produce. Which was all soaked in vinegar before going in fridge. Well nearly bit my tongue off. Had she not been with a man in a wheel chair I would have done a PLEASE there's no need to touch every package in the cooler WTH!

10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Texas lawsuit filed against China for 20T, good luck

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In NJ a guy got charged with a terrorist act for coughing on someone when he had covid, perhaps you can at the federal level.

Sota likes this.
  12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This one will get a rise out of a lot here :lol:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I have never wanted to punch a person squarly in the face as I have watching Schumer speak after the vote. Him spinning what happened on the Senate floor ,flailing his fists like a 5 yr old trying to tell why he has to have more candy.

ash d likes this.
  14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    So when all's said and done how well do you think a vaccine will work? This years shot was only 48 % effective. Which I'm wondering about. Remember I mentioned I got so ill on X mas eve. I had the flu shot Oct 6 th. I never went to the Dr's but our daughter caught it from me and nearly landed in the hospital. They tested her and with the flu shot she had the test came back positive for B.
    Lets go back to last year when I got sick and even though I had the flu shot when I got sick I did call Dr's.. They said welcome to the flu. That people with the flu shot were coming in with the flu. So apparently not really effective.
    Does the CDC have Dr's report these cases? Are they tracked yearly and are all these vaccines coming from China? If so is The CDC doing tests on enough or any batches once they arrive here?

15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, how important are the ppl getting run over?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I think vaccine effectiveness is still a big TBD. From my understanding, the flu shot doesn't always prevent the flu but it can lessen the severity of it. Which, in the case of COVID-19, would certainly help prevent hospitalizations and deaths. But again, still a massive TBD on that front.

On a side note, here's a fun article for everyone to read today. These aren't pleasant discussions to be having, but at some point, we need to be discussing which choice is the lesser of two evils.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/business/economy/coronavirus-economy.html

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I read this and this is where Trump is 100% correct, by easter it will be time to fire this backup. If not I fear there won't be anything to come back too. Yes, people will die, just like they do every day.

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    There are few points to this.
    1. Trumps lock down ends on Mon. Or Tues. Regardless of What he said about Easter, we all knew that was the case. So no surprise it was to have an assessment at this time. Easter is well beyond this.
    2. Trump made a brilliant move making this statement now. To bad the media is so dumb. The market is algorithm driven, headlines,words. He is well aware of this and calculated the markets response. Thus bracing the market just before the assessment and decisions coming up. Yes words do matter and they do so different from a technical view point and a human one. Humans need to be a bit more savvy than an algorithm.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  19. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Always assume it's your mom or dad. Or someones mom, dad, son, or daughter.

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    There is a balance in this, Americans need to step up in self advocacy.
    ie..sorry mom,gram..ect still can't visit nursing home
    No kids we still can't go into Micky D's, Taco Bells,Arbys, Burger King. Just be careful of catchtup on the car seats.
    Yes I can walk up stairs and not touch railings, carry wipes and clean my own chair and table. Not grab knobs and handles. Learn to not touch items in store then put them back to grab another.
    IN OTHER WORDS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY SELF AND FAMILY.