Calling someone out

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jrk_indle84, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing good comes from the whole situation for both sides. It's just bad all around. Your right about the best thing that could happen is they own up to it and apologize to the grandfather. That's what I would want out of it. I have been thru this and it doesn't get better. If you don't do something, they will do it again. Even if it's just the warden confronting them and scaring them a bit. Also from my experience it takes time for warden build case and collect evidence, so the process seems slow, but they know what there doing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully hear something about it here next couple days. Sure my buddy will take everything to owner and know something. He mentioned when we were leaving he figured his grandpa would just be like, do whatever you can deal with it.

It's little sad really, the grandpa is a hell of a nice guy and a simple phone call woulda been all it took. I've made that phone call a few times myself and never had a problem. Last fall called him right at beginning of season just to let him know was hunting out that way and see if it was still alright to track deer. All he said was "well if ya shoot one you probably want it right?" And that was all the conversation was. But he's in his 80's and doesn't get out and about to the ground much and there's really nobody else around. Me and the guy I hunt on keep a eye on it probably more than anyone.

Kind of a shame how entitled some ppl feel that are only in area few weeks out of the year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dprsdhunter and Holt like this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am kinda surprised that your trespassers have not joined here made one post about their videos and never to be heard from again unless a lot of quiver sniffers react to their videos that are just like all the other wanna be's.

4. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I'm surprised too. Few years ago when guy I hunt on killed a 170" buck I posted some pics here because had already posted trailcam pics and some history had with the deer. Few days afterwards I got a private message asking about it and who killed it blah blah. It was one of these guys. Dont think ever posted or stuck around after tho.

I've got all the pics they've posted about it and some other stuff but have been holding off on posted them and names. Still don't know what's gonna happen with whole thing so don't wanna screw it up by giving them a warning something is coming.

5. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I sure hope the owner pursues this for your hunting spot's stake. I would try to, as politely as possible, get the owner to understand that not pressing charges will simply mean more of the same from this group. These guys will just keep on trespassing until someone else pops them. I would make sure to save the pics they have posted so even if they delete them you have them to compare to the ones you guys took. Do the same when they post their video.
    Good luck with an apology, the ones trying to be internet hunting celebs will deny to their last breath to try to preserve their image.

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I'm guessing there won't be any apology. Haven't talked to friend who's family owns the ground but he texted me this morning and wanted one of our other friends number that is game warden. Haven't asked yet but hope that means he talked to his grandpa and they're gonna persue something.

7. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I haven't shared any pics but been checking these guys YouTube to see what they posted and if mention anything. Just looked at channel description and this is kinda ironic so had to share. (Left out name still for now)[​IMG]

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What a joke.

Sota likes this.
  9. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea i was doin some snooping too last night and one had pics of all the sheds they had found and funny enough decided good phot op place was also on buddies ground. Then someone asked about deer they found from last fall and they guy replied they were checking blick of timber on their lease and found it. Which is bs.

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh this will be fun.. nothing like a good trainwreck to pass the time.

What I'm looking forward to is the Facebook live video, "Well folks, just finished with the DNR and it's not looking good. I won't go into it but my neighbor is a sensored content and just doesnt understand what I'm trying to do with all this. I work 24/7 and..."

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Think there will be a rib injury involved?

12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Idk like said I really wanna say something on alot of the post I've been seeing and just be like, wth? But with not knowing if any legal pursuit is gonna happen, like someone mentioned in here it's probably better if don't at the moment.

Wish woulda got app out on phone and pinned where deer carcus was compared to line also but didn't think about it at time. Still have a feeling if push came to shove they'd deny and play stupid, that's how last issue we had with them played out. Know my boss that cash rents the farm ground off same guy these people lease hunting off of said he was gonna bring it up to land owner. Getting ready to pay for farm ground for year so be a good time to bring it up.

It's all frustrating really more than anything. Everyone out there gets along and or least tries to. And during deer season try and make sure we're not messing with the guy on other ground. Except these guys anyway. Seeing as boss farms the ground we basically go out of our way every year to stay off that ground if they're there. Left crops at times, not worked ground, and even put in dumb little food plots for these guys. I'm guessing that's probably all done with now tho. My boss is one them ppl were stuff kinda eats at him and doesn't really let it go till gets good and ticked off about it. So idk what the conversation betweens him and the land owner will be like.

13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your boss sounds a lot like my dad, lol. He had a neighbor kid hang a stand right on the property line once, like the tree had grown into the fence. He pissed and moaned about it until he just went and cut the tree down. Coincidentally I got a new used treestand that year.. he said the trick was to fell it onto his property.

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  14. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Haha yea I can see boss doin that. We grew up together and he's been like that as long as I've known him.

What's funny you can get him goin about stuff that's happened in the past. So we do that sometimes if boring day at work. He's bad about letting stuff go. It's never bad or anything it's funny more than anything.

Okiebob likes this.