The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So brother just text me my nephew was bitten by the neighbors pit bull tonight.

I responded back

Hate to say it, but better now than in a few weeks, at least he was able to get quick treatment.

Over the fence?

He won't respond back now. Didn't say it to be rude, just stating a reality as to where the healthcare system could be in a month from now.

Sorry for the graphics

20200317_205521.jpg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    dnoodles likes this.
  2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Notice in the top middle pic he has a facemask on, just noticed that when posting.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He responded back, nephew ran up to the fence to retrieve a frisbee, put an arm on the fence as he grabbed the frisbee with other arm and the dog ran up from other side and grabbed his arm.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Put the dog down, sorry to say it he ripped a kid, world will be a better place with one less trailer court pitbull white trash mutt.

cantexian, Okiebob and jonderrs7 like this.
  5. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately your right, even though I’d bet it’s 100% on the owners for not socializing the dog properly. Especially with a breed like that you have to familiarize it with people and a lot of them. There’s no reason that dog should have felt threatened by the neighbor kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The cost of trucks these days.....like 75k! But a man can dream.

109875.jpeg 20200318_043100.jpg 20200318_043033.jpg

Okiebob and Happy like this.
  7. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That dog should be dead now!!

jonderrs7 likes this.
  8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If the check shows up, it is getting divided between my kids college funds. I have enough in savings to support our family for six months if I stop working. For now, I am still working. This is going to reveal how many people in our nation are stupid with their finances and never save up for the days when the crap hits the fan. Those people will eventually be screwed and become desperate if this goes on long enough.

On a semi-related topic I have a boom stick and cash that I am contemplating trading for a pew-pew that pisses of Pelosi. Just in case it really gets bad. Hit me with a PM if you are interested in making a deal.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Ridgerunner3 and dprsdhunter like this.
  9. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure my Pelosi pisser offers have doubled in value..

10. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    What's the going rate? I have always wanted one. I may be able to use fear and paranoia to get my wife to agree.

11. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Umm, most can't afford a 500.00 emergency. That's why it's needed, mine will be donated to charity or given to a family member who needs it.

12. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a sweet AR10 a couple weeks ago for $570 and just looked at the site again and it's back to $799.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    But how many of those people have a car payment, or blow all their money on tobacco and alcohol? I do none of these things, which is why I am where I am. Yes, there are some truly poor people who could use the help. However, there are far more people who can't afford a $500 emergency because they do not think and plan beyond the moment in which they are living. That is not a taxpayer problem to solve. It is a personal behavioral problem.

jrk_indle84 and Sota like this.
  14. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I talked to a guy that works for a cable company yesterday. He said they were told to turn everything up to full power so everybody can try to receive decent reception with the impending rush.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  15. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My rant from yesterday afternoon.
    I have my 6 year old in the back seat and am running down to the Dodge dealership to pick up the girlfriend so we can drop off the POS ecodiesel Grand Cherokee yet again for regen issues. I pull out of the alley from my house onto a residential side street. There is a UPS van parked in the middle of the road blocking it. I stop behind him and figure it'll be a short wait. Young blonde haired guy gets out, glances back at me (he knows I'm there and waiting on him), saunters up to the house, drops the package on the porch, and walks even slower back to his van while staring at his handheld. Gets back in the van. Not long now right? I wait...and wait...and wait. 30 seconds still hasn't moved. I finally honk. He sticks his arm out and adjusts the mirror so he can try to act intimidating and begins to stare me down in the mirror. This prompts me to get a bit warm under the collar and I yell out my open window for him to get the hell out of the road! He finally pulls forward and over a bit so I can get by him and the parked cars on both sides. As I'm going by him the little self entitled bastard actually flips me off. My first and immediate reaction is to stomp on the brakes and put that finger of his in a very unpleasant place for him, but then my son says "Dad, he just gave you the f-you finger!", which brings me back to the reality that my son is with me. I'm way too pissed at this point to remember to get a license number or anything, so I simply stuff my right foot clear through the firewall and straight into the injection pump of my duramax (early 07 lbz with no def system crap), which even though it's mostly stock results in a nice puff of diesel soot after I've been doing in town driving for a while, and blast it straight into the open door of his van as I leave.
    He and I are going to have a chat the next time he delivers to my house. He does our area frequently and just delivered something to me last week.

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wow...well, sorry that's a tough lesson to learn but my dog would've probably done the same. Although the damage might've been worse. That dang dog has the scariest combo of sharp teeth and strong jaws I ever seen. The damn neighbor's kids are always taunting him through the fence, too. Not my fault if one of them loses a hand. I set up a camera on that side of the house just to memorialize those taunting occurrences.Plenty of evidence to negate any claims otherwise. Anyway, I'm not a fan of pits or big mean dogs for the heck of it in general but some of us need good guard dogs and kids should be taught to knock on the front door if their stuff ends up in the neighbor's back yard.

The kids would be fine if I let them in the front door, by the way.

Just wait a month. They'll all be free

18. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You're Going to donate your own tax money to charity? Why not just write a check?

jonderrs7 and Fix like this.
  19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It wasn't taunting or anything like that, my brother and the neigh or get along great. He said it was a new dog, I have nit seen this one so don't know if it was a rescue, adult or what.

He didn't get into specifics on it, the dog will certainly be taken by animal control, I'm not certain onnwhat county policy is. I only have a little yipper so have never had to worry about it.

dnoodles likes this.
  20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you make $60,000 or more a year there will no check, let that soak in. We will be funding the couple that got knocked up in high school had more kids and have zero trained skills or training and demands $15 an hour.

cantexian, dnoodles and dprsdhunter like this.