No idea what the hell it was

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Last night I was in the shop puttering with the boat. I went outside to pee and I heard a ruckus in the swamp, it was 2 animals making one hell of a ruckus not sure if it was a mating ritual or a territory fight but it went on for about 15 minutes. It was not cats, it was not coyotes. I think it was 2 fishers.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing better than a good pee outside.

outdoorjoe likes this.
  3. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bigfoot. If you see one, it is mandatory to take fuzzy pictures. Interesting to see and hear what goes on in the woods.

4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hear something like that. I don't have fishers around here, so don't know what they sound like. The noise I hear is 2 male racoon's fighting it out. The noises coming from them in the dark sounds like somebody being murdered! Can freak you out a little when walking out of the marsh at night

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GregH and oldnotdead like this.
  5. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was about to say the same thing!. Between bob cats,raccoons and bears at camp, the blood curdling screams on hikes to hunting give you eyes in the back of your head.
    I have to say I checked cams today and got the biggest dang yote I've ever seen here and we have some huge ones. Then something that looked like a wild pig. I'm thinking a young bear.

Holt likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A piss and a fart go together like a beer and a dart.

Okiebob likes this.
  7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We don't have Fishers here so I have no idea what they sound like.
    I have a spooky noise story though. I was gathering walnut sap for syrup a couple years ago down on the creek here at home. Something started screaming at me from a few hundred yards down the creek, getting closer. No idea what it was but nothing has ever spooked me out in the brush like that. I can still hear it in my mind, sent chills up my spine and stood my hair on end echoing up that foggy, chilly creek bottom that morning. I've heard it a few times since then while I was out in the yard around the house 1/4 mile off the creek. It sounds a little like a distant turkey gobble but without the well defined breaks of the "obbl". Can't really describe it, never heard anything else like it. One video on YT has something fairly similar but not exactly. Weird is all I can say. Left the damned sap bottles though until I had a rifle with me. lol

8. Udine219

Udine219 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a deluxe pee spot outside the shop. I dug a hole about the size of a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with pea gravel. My wife scolds me but what guy given the option wouldn't just pee behind a tree instead of going in the house, taking off the boots, and using the bathroom.

Fix likes this.
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I spent some time on the google and it was not a raccoon, pretty confident it was a couple of fishers and we have seen them here. I wonder if they eat squirrels?

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Degen

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Uhhhgg what is that, an old guy thing? My Father inlaw did that. Problem Is he couldn't smell the area next to the garage, everyone else could. He killed their ostrich fern.
    LOL That and guys ,nard slapping. Geez we had a teacher in high school.that did that and then a young neighbor guy. Any time their mind wondered or they where relaxed they would start doing that. Well it made lunch time entertaining. The teachers had to take turns being a cafeteria monitor. He'd be leaning against the wall ,apparently bored stupid. We all would be taking bets on how long it would take fore him to start..lol Our neighbor , hubby and I would just laugh .
    Woman have, things, as well.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You bet they eat squirrels. I had a Fisher come by my tree stand one time when a squirrel was about 10 feet up a tree right next to me. When the squirrel spotted the fisher it leaped from the tree and hit the ground running. Screaming all the way until it was out of sight. Squirrel was terrified.

oldnotdead, dprsdhunter and Sota like this.
  14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot I had a " What the hell was that sound" a few years back that I could never explain. It was 2016 and I was hunting at the head of a marsh one cool November morning. The marsh got bigger as it went away from me and had a creek running up the middle. There is a chance other hunters to be in there. Right before grey light I heard a yell/scream that was so deep that I could almost feel it in my chest. It was was a couple hundred yards away. It sounded like those yells you hear on TV of Bigfoot screams. But I don't really believe in that. Don't think a man could make that noise that deep. Only lasted a second. Then right after every dog for miles started barking in every direction around me. Was very strange and never heard anything like it again.

CoveyMaster and The Old Man like this.
  15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh and to link my story with Sota outdoor pising story, I guess it could have been a guy coming out for his morning piss and maybe he had kidney stones! Lol

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No nard slapping going on, and if the smell off my piss bothers anyone stay the hell away from my shop, hell I would prefer it that way.

oldnotdead and jonderrs7 like this.
  17. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'm not saying that was a bigfoot......but that was a bigfoot. :chewy::biggrin:

oldnotdead and Holt like this.
  18. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was turkey hunting one spring morning several years ago, really windy nasty day. About 30 minutes after daylight I heard a scream that made all the hair on my arms and neck stand straight up. After thinking about what is possibly in the woods that could make that sound for a minute or so I decided that it had to be a cougar scream. Didn't really sound like a woman screaming like they say but it's the only thing that makes any sense? It sure was a noise that my instincts didn't care for the way it stood all my hair up on end.