Valetines Day

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by oldnotdead, Feb 10, 2020.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Usually keep it low key. We don’t get each other gifts for ANY occasion during the year (if we need something we buy it ourselves, and get each other stuff we think they may like throughout the year). I do need to get her some Butterfinger hearts. Absolutely no flowers allowed.

We haven’t been to the local golf course to eat so we may do an early dinner. We don’t have kids and are not sure if we want to so I hope we don’t get an unexpected gift in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnoodles, Sota, Uchase2 and 1 other person like this.
  2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No cards or flowers, the wife says she would just throw out the flowers in 2 weeks and the card in a year. As stated before by others,we buy what we want when we want it, through out the year.

We do go out to Dinner, try to find a small out the way place and enjoy each other's company. As long as it's not about sports or hunting. She hates those 2 subjects. However that's my 2 favorite subjects. Ha ha

Uchase2 and oldnotdead like this.
  3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wife just called and we are going out to dinner tonight for Vday... And we are taking our kids

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mr T valentimes wish for you all.

5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After being a stay-at-home mom for the last two and half years, my wife is starting a new part time job next month. I am surprising her by staying home tomorrow. I plan on cooking a bunch of meals that can be put into the freezer so she does not have to cook dinner on the days she works. Just pull dinner out of the freezer and warm it up. I took her to see "Wicked" as her Christmas present. I bought her a copy of the novel that the musical is based upon since she loves to read. I am also downloading the sound track to her amazon music account so she can listen to it whenever she wants.

She knows I think Valentine's Day is a bunch of commercialized garbage and can't stand it. This is by far the most I have done for it since we got married.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    JeffC likes this.
  6. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My father owns a greenhouse and Flowershop so the lady gets flower all the time they aren’t that special to her anymore. But I tell ya they love the trail of rose pedals to the bedroom lol works great.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  7. justinwmoe88

Dislikes Received:
    I usually end up taking deliveries all around the county on vday for the Flowershop talk about a race against the clock running 100s of deliveries in a day is tiring. A little advice on ordering flowers. If you use the 1800flowers or other online delivery services make sure it is above freezing point outside or they will show up frozen and mushy... we get calls from these companies who say they will do a dozen roses for 20$ and then they call our shop to fill the order and my dad has to tell them he can’t make a dozen up for 20 dollars so what happens is you get charged the 20$ and still will have to pay full price on top of that lol.. or they send them ups or some other shipping method and they show up frozen mushy and looking like death. We’ve seen boxes of frozen flowers delivered to the funeral home and imagine the look on the families faces when they open it and see they were gifted dead flowers... use a local shop you are not saving money or time buying fresh cut flowers online

dnoodles likes this.
  8. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The great thing about Google...I always look up the closest shop to where I'm shipping...that way if they don't like it,they can personally go there and chew butt..lol I've had that happen acfew times. I now tell the shop, Ill be checking on quality.

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got hubby nice card and his favorite dark chocolate and snickers.. Will make a special dinner and bake a treat. Plus shovel so he doesn't have to plow.

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  10. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going to Olive Garden for lunch specials.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jake be careful with what you eat and drink at the golf course in Becker. I went there 30 years ago with my girlfriend two days later I was engaged.

oldnotdead likes this.
  12. HillviewHuntClub

HillviewHuntClub Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got done my wife’s doctors appointment and it for sure is a boy and girl! My wife sure is excited to get them there first clothes!

Hillview Hunt Club

JeffC, justinwmoe88 and oldnotdead like this.
  13. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife worked for a florist and dealt with the same issue; "we are running a special", well guess what, we aren't. If I bring home a flower from a store, she will nit pick all the flaws, no flowers from this guy.

As most men, I have not done anything yet, might have to pick up a bottle of wine from the winery and hope that works. Still need to figure out something from my son, I suck at these stupid things.

oldnotdead and justinwmoe88 like this.
  14. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I cleaned the house, did a bunch of laundry, dishes, and food shopped for all the overeating teens. Now I'm off to work for 3 days. Hope that says I love you on Valentines money making economy day.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm outta town working.
    Staying in a rustic cabin. Got the woodstove rolling, a cold beer and my dog Roscoe laying with his head in my lap.
    Bout ready to throw on a sirloin steak, tatertots,bunch of sweet peppers n onions.
    Wake up early and get after some coyotes.
    Got all you saps beat:cool:

16. justinwmoe88

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I’d have a beautiful night... I’m repairing a waterline this is my 5 minute break it’s 10 degrees below zero we won’t be don’t till morning it was a lead line so it needs to be replaced gotta pull a new line. I guess Sunday maybe I’ll be able take the lady out... she deserves so much