Air fryers

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by oldnotdead, Feb 10, 2020.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do you guys have them and if so use them often?
    I have to say I asked for one for x-mas and was surprised he got it for me. Now he wants me using it every night. To be honest, I love the thing Tonight I made home fries with asiago chicken sausage. So good!.
    Do you have a favorite recipe?..
    Mine is jalapeno popper balls. My canned peppers chopped then mixed with cheeses garlic powder,cummin, dash of salt. Rolled into tiny balls then the regular flour, egg, panko or italian bread crumbs. spray with olive oil, let them sit to dry a bit then 400 degrees till golden

CoveyMaster likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard things, sadly we do not cook a lot anymore lots of salads hell I will eat PB&J every night left to my own devices.

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Salads...we have either a mixed green or a choped brassica salad every night...love salads.
    In fact I'm building a hoop house for them this late winter / spring. Dang making a salad is getting expensive!

4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    No one has one? I'd like to get some of your tips and recipes.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. fachries

fachries Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight I've made an asparagus stuffed chicken cordon bleu. A hassel back red onion and garlic potato and tossed salad

Sota likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Damn that sounds good.

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Was ...crisp on out side and moist on inside.

9. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife got one for Christmas, 2018. She loves it! We have prepared everything from meatballs to veggie fries (root fries in the frozen section at Aldi's) to chicken, etc. It's a Presto Air Daddy. Highly recommend it!

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought one a while back, maybe a month ago. I don't really care much for regular fries cooked in it and have had mixed results with other stuff. The one thing I find it does well is frozen hash browns. I like McDonalds hash browns and my air fryer cooks them crispy just right like those. I keep it just for the hash browns.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love hash browns, I hate making hash browns. Is it a single serving portion?

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I generally cook a pair of them in there for breakfast...could just as easily do 1. Takes about 5 minutes to get them really crispy. I usually turn them over halfway through the 4-5 minute timer. The Best Choice frozen hash brows are pretty decent.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I never buy fries, we have always had home made oven baked fries. Now I do them in the air fryer. Holy cow hubby loves them. It takes time to figure out the right time and prep to get them right. To get a good out side crisp and tender center. I will soak them in salted water then dry well. Restaurant tip I learned at our family restaurant for crispy fries. Put a teaspoon of olive oil in a ziploc with seasoning we want and potatoes. Shake and rub oil in then dump in basket. Pre heat to 400 degrees then cook at that temp for 10 mins. shake or stir over and go another 8 checking them once.
    But chicken wings...it makes the best wings bakes away the fat instead of sealing it in.
    I cut all my pork loin chops , they are thick and lean. Never dry out in air fryer. I do a cherry preserve topped chop that is very good. Garlic yogurt topped boneless chicken breast are good too. Grilled tomato cheddar sandwiches hubby loves.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  14. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Oh ...I diced up a red potato tossed in a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoned salt. Best home fries I have ever had. Did them until pretty brown, thought I over cooked them...dang soft on inside. I'm not a potato person...these could be dangerous to me...

15. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have one, I wasn't too impressed with the results. Maybe I just need a better recipe.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    i have to say, I've been on you tube a lot lately at night instead of Netflix. Learning a lot. Air fry , rocket stoves, hoop houses, ..ect..ect..ect. It's amazing the ingenuity of people that don't have a problem with work have. Maybe having freshman college students have to take a you tube mandatory DIY ciurse would be the best thing for this country.

17. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You dont have to worry about that, spending countless hours on youtube is about as natural to young people as a fart. Technology managment courses would probably be much better. But back to the air fryer, I just can't seem to replicate the crispy goodness of deep fried chicken. Or pan fried fish fillets.