Funny kid experiences

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Mod-it, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last Sunday we went to a friends house to watch the Superbowl. One of the couples has a daughter, I'll call her J, that is about 3. She is a bit shy and very sweet. She goes to the same daycare as our son and her mom is one of my wife's best friends so we see them a lot. She is quite fond of me and always runs up to me and shouts my name when she first sees me.
    So we get to the house and J does the normal run up to me and give me a hug. The kids head upstairs to play and we all start watching the game. Around the 3rd quarter of the game J comes in and wants her mom to give her something to eat. Her mom does and has her sitting on a bar stool at the island in the kitchen, which is across the room from me. A bit later I hear J say my name and look over at her (as do several others). She is holding her hand out and it was an upside down one...but she is flying me the bird. We all crack up while her mother urgently tries to tell us that she had an "owie" on that finger and was just trying to show me. Got way more of a laugh out of the room than any of the commercials did.

Anyone else have any funny kid stories?

GregH and axtell343 like this.
  2. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Granddaughter #2 was in kindergarten last year. Her teacher was telling the class how much she appreciated them. They were “attentive and engaged” during class and she was proud of them. Granddaughter raised her hand and said “are we getting married???” At least she was listening closely.

GregH and Mod-it like this.
  3. fachries

fachries Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My little girl was outside playing with her kittens. My wife seen out of the corner of her eye as my daughter pushed the cat down this little slide. My wife asked her did you push the cat down the slide and her response was yes and he not dead though so it’s okay. She was 3 at the time. Cracks me up every time thinking about it

The Old Man, GregH and Sota like this.
  5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Growing up I had three siblings. Two of them were 6 and 7 years younger than me and the other, a brother, was only 2 years younger than me.

Our parents took all of us to a large department store to shop for something for the younger kids. My brother and I were about 8 and 10 years old. We were terrible in stores. We'd run around like maniacs, play hide and seek, go to where the pillows were and have a pillow fight, you know...... normal stuff.

So this time we were playing hide and seek and I was looking for my brother. As I was walking down an isle he came flying by me and I tried to kick him in the seat of the pants. Suddenly, I felt a sharp crack to the back of my head. When I turned around I saw a family of three that were strangers to me. Husband, kid about my age and the mom. The mom looked at me then her kid who was smirking at me then covered her mouth in embarrassment. She thought I was her kid for a second and that I needed a correction for my behavior!

I turned and ran off. When we got in the car to go home my brother ratted me out and told my parents that a strange lady smacked me upside the head. All my parents said was "Good, you deserved it."

The good old days

6. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I helped a friend teach Hunter Education classes. He was in a tractor accident and surgery left one leg shorter than the other. As a result, he isn't real stable on his feet plus he was in his early 70s at the time. He picked up a firearm and asked why he shouldn't carry a loaded firearm; the thought was him being a bit unstable. A little kid in the front row said (loudly as kids are prone to do), "Because you are an old man and got a bum leg!" His mother tried to crawl under the table!

7. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Story #2- Read this somewhere. A school teacher was talking about whales in a class. A little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. The teacher said it was impossible. The little girl said it was in the Bible. Ending the debate, the little girl said she would ask Jonah when she got to heaven.
    The teacher questioned, "What if he went to hell?"
    Little girl, "Then you ask him."

The Old Man likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a picture of my grandson sitting on my lap watching the Packers lose in the NFC championship game, cute picture but the lad was giving the finger to the TV.

9. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Chip off the Old Grandpa.

Sota likes this.