Sitka on the ground

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by TheFitHunter, Jan 22, 2020.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here use any Sitka EVII for ground hunting. I know that it is not what it is designed for, my entire lineup is EVII and I had great success this past year treestand hunting, however next season may feature some mountain ground hunts. Any input would be appreciated.

2. jonderrs7

jonderrs7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't own Sitka but I have seen hunters wear Sitka while hunting in the mountains, and with different patterns, too. I wouldn't buy brand new camo just to hunt the mountains. But then again I have a mortgage to pay, otherwise id think about it.

3. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Depending on what you have for tree stand hunting, it might be too warm for mountain hunting. Sitka Mountain pants and a base layer was all I needed in Wyoming this fall when it was 9 with 18” of snow on the ground. Put it on and walk 5 miles and see if you break a sweat.

4. Lito

Lito Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting

5. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Majority of my hunting is in the mountains. Most bow hunting out west here is in August and September. Sitka makes some very nice gear. I own a couple shirts and a pair of there pants. I have a good hunting buddy and a son that is all they own in hunting clothes is Sitka. The Sitka I own I have always bought on sale. I own some King Camo That I really like also. I also own some inexpensive camo that works great to. The thing I like the most about Sitka and the better king Camo products is that it drys out fast when you get wet.

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes no issues, camo does matter at all anyway. I have killed as much game in soild colors then any thing else

Oldcarp likes this.
  7. stewdawg

stewdawg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the land between North Delaware and SE PA
    I have hunted on the ground with EVII and it works fine... the best camo is sitting still.

Ldsturg likes this.