The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like he's coping well...

cantexian and Okiebob like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Has Wisconsin lost it's collective mind? I used to hear from Wisconites mocking me for Minnesota having their rifle season during the rut. Now Wisconsin wants a 19 day rifle season.

cantexian and GregH like this.
  3. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jiffy lube. I almost always change my own oil and do my own maintenance, but about a year ago I was crazy busy and traveling for a month or so straight and I knew it was due so decided to just swing in to a jiffy lube and let them swap it for me. After all, its just an oil change, how can somebody really screw that up... So when I went in I told them I wanted an oil and filter change and what oil I want and they asked if I needed them to check on my filters and do a complementary inspection for any other maintenance items and I said no, just change the oil. A few minutes later the guy comes up and said the oil change is done and your air filter was dirty so we went ahead and changed it. I had just changed my air filter not 3 months before so I knew it wasn't dirty. I called the guy out and told him that was bs and that I specifically said don't check that stuff not 15 minutes ago. He proceeded to give me a run around about how they had already changed it and it was going to be 30 minutes before they could put the old one back. I told him to give me the old one and i'll put it back myself so he relented and said that he will have the guy do it right away. After he is done I go out and pop the hood to make sure they didn't **** up anything else and I immediately notice a bunch of disconnected vacuum hoses pointing off in every which direction. I call the guy over and ask him what the hell is this and says oh thats how its supposed to be. I called him a dumbass and connected them back together myself but there was one little section of hose missing so I ask the service guy where that hose is and he tells me that it fell down into the engine compartment and he couldn't find it but that its okay because that is not an important part so it doesn't matter. I tell him thats the vacuum system and it'll cause a check engine light immediately and will cause it to have trouble idling, stall, and the engine and eventually destroy the engine from running lean. Told the guy to get a mirror and find it or go to the store and get some more vacuum hose so I can replace it. He relented and went to the store and got the hose and I cut a piece to fit and put everything back to together. Once all that was done they rang me up and tried to charge me for the air filter that I didn't need because they had already opened it and couldn't sell it again and for the vacuum hose they had to buy to replace the piece they lost of mine. I went ballistic on the guy and left a $50 on the counter for the oil and drove off. I vowed to never return and had kind of forgotten about the whole scenario until yesterday when I went to change my air filter. When I started to remove the intake plenum cover I thought it was odd because one of the bolts that holds it on was a different size than all the others. I thought that was odd but it had been a year or so since I had changed it so thought that maybe thats normal and I just forgot. When I had to use a 1/2" socket instead of a metric socket to remove it and it only took 2 turns to completely unscrew it I knew that something was up. Turns out that jiffy lube must've also lost the bolt that held the cover on and so they grabbed a SAE bolt from somewhere and cross threaded it into the metric hole. Not only did they destroy the thread insert that was molded into the plastic intake plenam, but they left a 1/4 inch gap because they couldn't tighten it all the way. I have been sucking in unfiltered air for the past year - the whole side of the air filter that was facing the engine and supposed to be only clean air was covered in dust and leaf particles that got sucked in the gap. Fortunately I keep a bunch of different size bolts and some taps so I was able to fix the threads and change the air filter but what should've been a 10 minute job turned into an hour and a half and who knows how much damage was caused by all the dust and sticks and leaves that have been sucked into my engine over the past year. I am soo beyond pissed right now.

4. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Even 19 days would be nice compared to here. In NC the rifle season in the central zone is like a month and a half. Down east it is just shy of 3 months.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wait til they cross thread the oil drain plug...had it happen already... Twice.

cantexian and dnoodles like this.
  6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, had it happen few times on our work trucks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    How is that even possible? Do they try and start it off with an impact? One more reason why I will never go back.

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tiger just sank 2nd shot for eagle on 2nd hole, but it spun itself back out of the hole. Craziest shot I have ever seen.

9. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I was just thinking about heading out to play 18 this afternoon. That shot made up my mind. Haven't played since New Years though so might be a little rough.

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A whole lot of death came at my friends this week. They lost a lot of loved ones. Rapid fire. Sucks.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can not imagine the tragic loss. I have always admired structure firefighters they have to deal with a lot worse **** that us wildfire guys ever did.

12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Medical deductibles... And meeting them in January. Smh.

13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear that. Had a trip to emergency clinic and ER last Wed. & Thurs. Had a CT scan and ultra sound done, then this past Friday went in for a HIDA scan. Will find out Mon or Tue whether surgery is in my near future.

Not looking forward to the mail arriving the next few weeks.

wl704 likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the day I loved going to rapid oil change with my engine a ford F550 owned by the department of forestry. Used to pull in and say the only thing you numbnuts can do is change the oil and filter do not upsale me a damn thing and above all do not screw up my engine. Engine 651 1999-2012.

15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes they do. Surprised you even asked that question.

They are morons.

16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Muzzle loader follows directly after gun season-10 days. We are already there.

But wait. It gets better! They want to eliminate management zones. Seriously!? With the way WDNR gives out for tags, there won't be a huntable herd in the Northwood or public land.

GregH likes this.
  17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Introduce him to your plastic surgeon neighbor and see what happens.

18. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  19. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    HR.jpg

Could this even happen in this day and age?

arrowflinger1 likes this.
  20. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Turns out the neighbor drove off around 4am, got a DUI, thankfully. Barely made it out of the neighborhood. He left the house unlocked. All her stuff is in the pool. This being the second wife we've known of, 20 years his junior, this guy has a habit of picking some real peaches. He is a job creator though, he is going to have to pay someone pretty well to fish all that stuff out of his pool. Hopefully he sells the house.

dprsdhunter likes this.