Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks to get old, BUT it’s better than the alternative.

2. Ricko

Ricko Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SHIPWRECKED-:

One day a man decided to retire...

He booked himself on a Pacific cruise and proceeded to have the time of his life, that is, until the ship sank.

He soon found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to the shore.

In disbelief, he asks, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"

She replies, "I rowed over from the other side of the island where I landed when my fishing boat sank."

"Amazing," he notes. "You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with you."

"Oh, this thing?" explains the woman. "I made the boat out of some raw material I found on the island. The oars were whittled from tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm tree branches,
    and the sides and stern came from another tree."

"But, where did you get the tools?"

"Oh, that was no problem," replied the woman. " On the south side of the island, a very unusual stratum of alluvial rock is exposed. I found that if I fired it to a certain temperature in a volcanic vent I found just down island, it melted into ductile iron and I used that to make tools and used the tools to make the hardware."

The guy is stunned.

"Let's row over to my place," she says "and I'll give you a tour." So, after a short time of rowing, she soon docks the boat at a small hand built wharf. As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat.

Before him is a long stone walk leading to a cabin and tree house.

While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the man can only stare ahead, dumb struck. As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Please sit down."

"Would you like a drink?

"No! No thank you," the man blurts out, still dazed. "I can't take another drop of coconut juice."

"Oh, it's not coconut juice," winks the woman. "I have a still. How would you like a Jack Daniels neat?"

Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they , sit down on her couch to talk. After they exchange their individual survival stories, the woman announces, "I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There's a razor in the bathroom cabinet upstairs."

No longer questioning anything, the man goes upstairs into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet is a razor made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.

"This woman is amazing," he muses. "What's next?"

When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but a bandana around her blonde locks and some small flowers on tiny vines, each strategically positioned, she smelled faintly of coconut oil. She then beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've both been out here for many months. You must have been lonely. When was the last time you had a really good ride? She stares into his eyes.

He can't believe what he's hearing. "You mean..." he swallows excitedly as tears start to form in his eyes, "You've built a motorbike as well?”

picman, sheddinva, wl704 and 3 others like this.
  3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    My wife always prefers the elevator, whereas I always like to take the stairs...I guess we are raised differently.

sheddinva, Ricko and elkguide like this.
  4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If at first you don't succeed,

skydiving is not for you.

cantexian, sheddinva, wl704 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ricko

Ricko Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ATM-:

Was waiting to use an ATM. This bloke in front of me was pounding away at the keypad. Funny thing was, in between pounding the keys he was balancing on one leg. First the left, then the right. Just like a ******* flamingo.
    This went on for some time.
    I said mate, "what the **** are you doing?", he said, "sorry mate, I am just checking my balance."

sheddinva likes this.
  6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joke of the day.

Vikings vs the 49ers
    Packers vs the 49ers

Going to be interesting to see what happens in the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
    After being married for fifty-five years, a wife asked her husband
    to describe her.

He looked at her slowly...then said, "You're A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K."

She asks..... "What does that mean?"

He said, "Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy,
    Gorgeous, Hot.

She smiled happily and said...."Oh, that's so lovely..... What
    about I, J, K?"

He said, "I'm Just Kidding!"

His left eye is still swollen....but the doctor has informed him
    that he is likely to see things much clearer in the future.

sheddinva likes this.
  8. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
    Oldie but still makes me scratch my head.

9. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sheddinva likes this.
  10. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BikiBoki, picman, sheddinva and 3 others like this.
  11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    buy all my guns from a guy named T-Rex. He's a small arms dealer.

12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A 2018 study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.

Another recent study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

Not Bad.

cantexian and sheddinva like this.
  13. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A homeless man, down on his luck, went into a Catholic church that was known for its rather “uppity” social reputation. Spotting the man’s dirty clothes, the ushers stopped him outside the church door and asked if he needed help. The man told them, “I was praying and the Lord told me to come to this church. ”The ushers suggested that the man go away and pray some more and he might get a different answer. The following Sunday the man returned and the ushers again stopped him at the door. “Well, did you get a different answer?” they asked him. “Yes, I did,” said the man. “I told the Lord that you don’t want me here, but the Lord said, ‘Keep trying, son. I’ve been trying to get into that church for years and I haven’t made it yet either.”

cantexian and sheddinva like this.
  14. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
    A farmer stopped by the local mechanics shop to have his truck fixed. They couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he didn't live far and would just walk home.

On the way home he stopped at the hardware Store and bought a bucket and a gallon of paint. He then stopped by the feed store and picked up a couple of chickens and a goose. However, struggling outside the store he now had a problem - how to carry his entire purchases home..

While he was scratching his head he was approached by a little old lady who told him she was lost. She asked, 'Can you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane ?'
    The farmer said, 'Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is very close to that house I would walk you there but I can't carry this lot.' The old lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket.
    Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'
    'Why thank you very much,' he said and proceeded to walk the old girl home.

On the way he says 'Let's take my short cut and go down this alley. We'll be there in no time.'
    The little old lady looked him over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have your way with me?'
    The farmer said, 'Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'

The old lady replied, 'Set the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.

15. elkguide

Dislikes Received:

Pocket Tazer Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 15th anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Julie. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer.

The effects of the Tazer were supposed to be short lived, with no long term adverse affect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety...??

WAY TOO COOL! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home... I loaded two AAA batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button.. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button and pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get the blue arc of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs.

AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Julie what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two AAA batteries, right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target.

I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and then thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised.

Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and Tazer in another.

The directions said that:

A one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant;

A two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; and

A three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water.

Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.
    All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference (loaded with two itsy, bitsy AAA batteries); pretty cute really, and thinking to myself, 'no possible way!'

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side so as to say, 'Don't do it stupid,' reasoning that a one second burst from such a tiny lil ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one second burst just for heck of it.

I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and...
    TRUE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. WHAT THE... !!!

I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs! The cat was making meowing sounds I had never heard before, clinging to a picture frame hanging above the fireplace, obviously in an attempt to avoid getting slammed by my body flopping all over the living room.

Note:

If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a Tazer,
    One note of caution:

There is NO such thing as a one second burst when you zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor!
    A three second burst would be considered conservative!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape.
    • My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace..
    • The recliner was upside down and about 8 feet or so from where it originally was.
    • My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching.
    • My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.
    • I had no control over the drooling.
    • Apparently I had crapped in my shorts, but was too numb to know for sure, and my sense of smell was gone.
    • I saw a faint smoke cloud above my head, which I believe came from my hair.
    I'm still looking for my testicles and I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return!

PS:
    My wife can't stop laughing about my experience, loved the gift and now regularly threatens me with it!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Elkguide. I just laughed so hard I had tears running down my cheeks. That is hilarious.

elkguide likes this.
  17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The sheriff of the small town pulled over a Porsche that was doing 75 miles per hour in a 35-mile an hour zone. The wealthy man behind the wheel was steaming. When he was finally brought before the local magistrate, he exploded, "I can't believe you stopped me. This town must be the butthole of the world!" The magistrate looked at him and replied, "And you must be what's passing through."

18. elkguide

Dislikes Received:
    Two Irish Nuns have just arrived in USA by boat, and one says to the other,
    "I hear that the people in this country actually eat dogs."
    "Odd," her companion replies.

"But if we shall live in America....we might as well do as the Americans do."

As they sit, they hear a push cart vendor yelling....

"Hot Dogs, get your dogs here." They both walk towards the hot dog cart...

"Two dogs, please".... says one.

The vendor is very pleased to oblige.

He wraps both hot dogs in foil and hands them over.

Excited, the nuns hurry to a bench and begin to unwrap their 'dogs.'
    The mother superior is first to open hers.

She begins to blush profusely and then staring at it again for a moment,
    she leans to the other Nun and in a soft brogue whispers....

"What part did you get?"

BikiBoki, sheddinva, wl704 and 5 others like this.
  19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    The famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced
    (Pee-Ka-Boo)
    is not just an athlete...she is now a nurse currently
    working at an Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital.
    She is not permitted to answer the hospital telephones any
    longer.

It caused too much confusion when she would answer the
    phone and
    say,

Picabo, I.C.U.

sheddinva, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  20. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    "Hello, is this the Sheriff's Office?"
    'Yes. What can I do for you?"

"I'm calling to report 'bout my neighbor Virgil Smith...He's hidin'
    marijuana inside his firewood! Don't quite know how he gets it inside
    them logs, but he's hidin' it there.."

"Thank you very much for the call, sir."
    The next day, twelve Sheriff's Deputies descend on Virgil's house. They
    search the shed where the firewood is kept.

Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood, but find no marijuana.
    They sneer at Virgil and leave.

Shortly, the phone rings at Virgil's house.
    "Hey, Virgil! This here's Floyd....Did the Sheriff come?"

"Yeah!"

"Did they chop your firewood?"

"Yep!"

"Happy Birthday, buddy!"