Bow Missing Right

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by j.dubya.hawk, Jan 18, 2020.

1. j.dubya.hawk

j.dubya.hawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, I got my first compound in November and have been practicing consistently. I have sighted in 20 and 30 yard pins, however every time I pull my bow of the case to practice I/or it is hitting right. I first thought it was just me and having bad form, and part of the learning process. I eventually end up moving the sight right to correct this and then I'm dead on. Next time I pull my bow out, missing right. Anyone else experience this or ideas on how to fix? Thanks

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stop using a case
    The first step would be to verify that nothing is loose on your bow. After that I would check your anchor point and draw. Occam's razor tells me that you don't have trolls in the case playing around. But if you do however have roommates then check there, I have done worse to mine when I was younger.
    Quick idea, Mark your sights to know where 0'ed in is. Good luck and tell us what you find

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Be mindful of your grip...Don't grip! If your not using a wrist sling you may be doing that. The bow should float in the space between yours thumb and index finger. I've been shooting years and still have to repeat these three things when in a stand:
    Breath
    Bend at waist
    DON'T GRIP BOW
    Doing this also relaxes me at the shot

4. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found when I start hitting right, I have caught myself trying to peek and see where I hit. Make absolutely sure you don't move your bow at all after the shot. Even after you fire, you can unconsciously move your bow as you try to see where your arrow hit. It only takes a slight move to "throw" the shot right. Practice watching the target through the peep and sight until a few seconds after the arrow Hits the target.

5. Desir100

Desir100 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

6. j.dubya.hawk

j.dubya.hawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Update: I saw on another thread to check out John Dudley’s videos so I watched his school of nock on his YouTube channel. I really focused on those things he was mentioning and realized i was changing my anchor to fit peep and front shoulder would not be consistent. After slowing my shot down and going through these progressions my shot was hitting center, then a couple of shots I could feel myself rush and throw the shot so I’m learning what those feel like to catch myself.

I went ahead and marked 0 at mentioned, hopefully these become second nature over this off season and I have a deer down next fall. Thanks for the input guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

oldnotdead likes this.
  7. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have NASP kids doing the same thing. 87TT, thanks for the tip based on your experience.

8. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are welcome, just trying to help and glad it maybe did.:bow: