What to do?

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Kyle Hooks, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Kyle Hooks

Kyle Hooks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have a 2015 Diamond Core 29/60 right now. It has been “loaned” to me by my brother-in-law for the last year. He had only used it one season and put it in the closet. He offered it to me to try out before I spent money on a new bow. I love archery. Was even successful this first season and killed my biggest buck to date. I’m trying to decide if I should offer to buy this diamond from him. Or purchase a bow of my own. I have shot a few. Diamond SB-1 and a Bear Species. Of which I liked the Bear more. The bow I would likely buy is a Bear Approach or Approach HC. Any thoughts, suggestions?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is all about how it feels when you shoot it. Shoot more to see what you like the most.

Kyle Hooks likes this.
  3. Kyle Hooks

Kyle Hooks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Well I’m open to suggestions as well. Also my budget it around $400 for the bow.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agreed with Sota, you want to be comfortable. If you just began I would buy his bow and spend any surplus on gear.

Kyle Hooks and Okiebob like this.
  5. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If he isn't going to use it, keep it until he asks you to give it back.

6. Kyle Hooks

Kyle Hooks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Spoke with him today. He said take it. Treat it as yours. We will get even later.” So looks like I have a “free” bow. That being said. I want to upgrade the cable slide on it as well as the stabilizer. Suggestions?

7. TC0802

TC0802 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Fix. Keep shooting that bow and upgrade your accessories. One thing to think about is that the more you shoot the more you'll start to identify the characteristics that you like in your bow and other gear. The reason that is important is because the bow you have your eye on now might not be what you want after get in more time shooting.

Fix likes this.