2020 Bows!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NMGuy, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NMGuy

NMGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy guys/gals!

I had a rough Holiday season but I hope everyone here had a great one!

I got the flu on Christmas and on thanksgiving I got my first ride in an ambulance! Turns out it was Internal bleeding caused by a rare virus! With all the medical bills I didn’t buy a new bow like I wanted to!

Anyways! I wanted to see what the folks here who have purchased a new model bow have to say about the 2020 lineup.

What brand and model did you go with? What do you like about it? What do you think could be done better!?

Thanks guys! I’d love to get some input from some regular shooters and hunters!

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Using two bows from ancient times. My son's LH Darton bow and my old RH Bear Whitetail- working on building up my strength to draw and hold the Bear again. I have priced new bows and are just not in the budget.

3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went with the Mathews VXR.. have had it for a couple weeks now and have been very happy with it. Switched from the triax, really like the string angle better with the VXR. I do think I shot the triax the best out of any bow I have ever owned but I think with some more practice the VXR will meet the challenge.

4. fadlirya

fadlirya Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Elite Kure most likely at the moment is my front runner personally. HOWEVER, the last year's Mission MXR still IMO is the best bow for the money it takes to acquire it.

I shot the VXR, as expected awesome bow, just like the Triax was awesome as expected.

PSE Carbon Air...as expected awesome bow IMO. Probably the best PSE bow I've shot without thinking "Okay, I don't like something about this thing but what is it."

Bowtech Revolt...have not shot, only held it...I'm sure it is an awesome bow as well.

Hoyt Alpha Turbo...again like others awesome bow.

In case you missed it the main thing is the fact every reputable company these days are making awesome bows and the differences between them are in my opinion rarely based on anything for the normal hunter than feel preferences. I'll be going with Elite if I don't grab the Mission due to the fact I get a discount on Elites I don't get elsewhere through a program I'm a member of. Before anyone asks it is LeoAdventures reserved for public servants ONLY.

I'll be honest though...I say all this and still a 50% chance I just keep my current bow as it performs flawlessly and still kills just fine.

6. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its interesting reading others comments about just keeping their current, "old", one or two year old bow instead of buying the latest. I'm in the same boat this year. I have two, maybe three that have my interest peaked, with the Elite Kure and the Bowtech Revolt being the top two. I'll shoot them, but they will honestly have to knock my socks off to switch from my current Prime Rize that I shoot probably better than any bow I've ever owned.

Its interesting, as the prices on these things continues to creep up, how the prospect of buying a new one is no longer a simple "on a whim" purchase for a lot of us.

7. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My shop didn’t have the Kure yet but I shot the vxr (both sizes) and the new Bear and the PSE. The Mathews I have to hand it to was sweet. I really really liked the grip. Dead in the hand. Smooth as a baby’s butt

8. GMCmedic

GMCmedic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didnt know that was a thing. Unfortunately this is the first discount program ive come across that private sector and/or Paramedics are not eligible for. Oh well, I dont need a new bow anyway.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk