X-Stand General ladder stand

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by JHasty, Jan 8, 2020.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone could give me a review on X-Stand ladder stands. I am from Georgia and strictly bow hunt and I have used lock on's for the last several years but have been toying with the idea of bow hunting out of a ladder stand next season. I have looked at a couple different companies and was looking at X-Stand. They have a ladder stand called the General. I just wanted to try to get some fellow hunters opinions who may have use the brand or this stand. Just curious on how comfortable they are, how well they are built, quality, and customer service. Thanks in advance.

2. bowhtr1

bowhtr1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two x stands. Mine are 5 years old and are the double stands. I do like them but you will need a back cushion. I use a back and seat cushion. The process of putting them up is unique but this is not a stand you will move around much. So for me I put them up one time and that's where they are. For bowhunting I would prefer a lock on where I can get above limbs and have a less noticeable profile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JHasty likes this.
  3. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a couple of their double ladder stands. They are very well made. I have done all day sits in them and been comfortable. They are definitely permanent stands and not something your going to want to move around unless you have easy access to them and your buddy has a strong back. I haven't had any customer service needs so I can comment on that. It would be nice if they had a good blind for them etc.

JHasty likes this.