The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I fed the feeder with sunflower seed this morning 2-1/2 pounds, get home gone. The squirrels have forgotten. Granted Shart is gone but I have a replacement. Shart was a heavy weight champion all around killer took many a squirrel. I do have a replacement that is Andre the Giant compared to Shart. Psycho the mammoth insane cat, tom cat just showed up he attacks when you quit petting him if you move away slow. I trap one squirrel and put on the heavy duty gloves and let Psycho get the smell and taste of squirrel, and game over may not even need to set traps.

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Should have said until girls. Discovered it..lol

3. Heritage

Heritage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got to ask, what is the origin of the name shart? In these parts, a shart is when you fart and get a little more than you bargained for. Not fun.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shart would come into the horse stalls when I was picking **** and lay down the nastiest ****s you can imagine, he made me puke a few times, not kidding but he was a squirrel killing SOB.

TJF likes this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Psycho has more potential than Shart he has that crazy attack mentality. Grumpy cat on the aggressive side of the spectrum.

6. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Geez... I thought Awesome was the only cat that could make you gag when he took a ****. Nasty !!!!! Never fails, you clean the litter box and he is back in it before you get out of the room without dry heaving. He is a 17 lb ****ting monster of a cat. Sound like a horse galloping when he runs up the stairs.

GregH and Sota like this.
  7. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The fact gotta drag dog to the vet again because of a hot spot. Idk what it is about this dog but he gets them kinda often. Never had one get them until this one. Wouldn't be so bad but he's getting older, be 8 in March, and he get little grouchy when feeling bad so he's being a little pain right now. And its just annoying go through it probably once a year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a collie that occasionally gets hotspots. My vet recommended this as soon as she starts to develop a hotspot. It works, well. 20200107_070255.jpg

jrk_indle84 likes this.
  9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like cats but won't have one for a while. My big dog kills them every chance he gets. There is a very large population of feral cats around the bar that like to raid our dumpsters. Well there are 3 less of them now. The neighbor lady feeds them. I've seen as many as 20 at once looking out the bar's kitchen window. If you have any holes or cracks in any of your buildings the cats will get in there and turn it into a proverbial "Cat house". While putting on an addition to the kitchen at the bar a couple of years ago, they got in the basement and had to be trapped out.... 5 of them!

BTW.... what is a hot spot on a dog?

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A skin irritation then the dogs starts licking the area and the rash gets worse, opens up with puss and the dog keeps licking it making it worse.

GregH likes this.
  11. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My rant for the day Coyotes! Was about to let the dogs out this morning when MF Jones alerted (growled) at the door. I looked out and saw 2 of them in my standing beans. I grabbed my rifle and when I cracked the door open my little dog Zeva forced her way out and chaos ensued. All I got was a couple of running shots. I'll go out in a bit and check for blood. As it turns out there were actually 3 of them. One that I didn't see at first was right up close at about 45 yards. The others were at about 80 and 100 yards.

I gotta work on her, Zeva. She is still new to this.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  12. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My stupid little dogs go nuts when they see one, they bark and chase, little crap heads do not get that the coyote could kill them all in a second.

14. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Some dogs are like that. While I call Zeva my little dog, she is 62 pounds of muscle. Even though she is a pit mix she loves everybody and everything until the other animal or person acts aggressive. Then she runs for her life and usually ends up peeking out from behind my legs. I know she wanted to run out and play with her new found friends this morning. I will admit, she is not the sharpest tack in the pack.

My other dog is 80 lbs of business. He knows what to do. I let him out when the coyotes are around and 9 out of 10 times he runs them off. Sometimes if they stand their ground and he's out numbered he runs back to me for reinforcement. Usually it is at night and I can't see sh!t so I call him inside.

15. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haveta see if they got something like that and try it. He's always seemed like had dry skin, scratches alot. Changed his food awhile back and that helped. Last time the vet said to give him benadryl every once in a while but I wasnt sure of that really. Then he acts like he's in a daze kinda. Idk really it's kinda weird, usually gets them on his back around the base of his tail. He'll start rubbing on the chair and couch alot and thats usually the start of it. Had one up around collor once too. Checked it last night and doesn't have a sore yet but the fur is kinda matted and looks like did the last time. So hoping to catch it before gets too bad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    7 steps from my parent's front door last fall after it had chased their dogs for a few consecutive nights. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

17. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That’s one way to save on dogfood.

GregH likes this.
  18. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much the same situation. I switched over to grain free limited ingredients food, changed flea medication and was washing her bedding, inside and outside, once a week. Her spot would start at the base of her tail and then the licking, biting and scratching would start. I think she has an allergic reaction to fleas. So I treat the backyard as best I can but..

So far whenever I start to see it develop and I use the salve it goes away quickly and her hair comes back fast.

19. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would stay away from the grain free dogfood until the FDA figures out why it’s killing dogs.
    https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterina...rtain-diets-and-canine-dilated-cardiomyopathy

Okiebob likes this.
  20. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice! I was a little bummed that my little dog got out and ruined my chances at a better shot but oh well. I goofed up myself a couple weeks ago when I just turned the dogs out on one then remembered......... oh yeah, there's my rifle!

I hate them things and the sounds they make when they catch something. Good shot.