Single pin sights?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by truebloodmorelia, Dec 26, 2019.

1. truebloodmorelia

truebloodmorelia Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty new to this game and would like to hear what your guys thoughts are.

I just picked up a hoyt powermax and I am looking to toss on a single pin sight system onto it. I'm leaning towards the Truglo range rover duo bow sight or something similar. I like the thought of this sight but would love to hear pros and cons of you seasoned guys.

I'm sure battery life is a con as I deal with that issue on my other equipment.

Would love to hear opinions and other options for a new sight system and would like to stay within 200 atm.

Just can't seem to find much out there on this system

Thanks
    Brandon
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If I had the $$$, I would like a sight that gives the range correction. I'm sure that others will chime here with personal experience and/or advice. Wrap an extra battery in masking tape and carry with your gear or backpack. I always keep a supply of hearing aid batteries in my pocket. Murphy's Law- the battery will die when you are the farthest away from home.
    No matter what you decide- good and safe hunting.

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mostly good reviews on Amazon. By the way, Amazon has it for $143.51.

I would want a FO pin personally if hunting is also one of its duties. I wouldn't want to be dependent on batteries in the woods.

4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am trying a single pin for the first time this next year. I'm not getting any younger and my eyes are not what they use to be. I read where it helps you focus on just the one pin. In about three weeks I will let you know how it goes.

5. Turk Hollinger

Turk Hollinger Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m switching to a Single Pin sight myself this year. Just not decided on one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

6. Bassindago

Bassindago Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the tru glo duo range rover pro. I liked it at first. My eyes r getting bad and when i shot with it my groups were not as tight as they were when i used my trophy ridge react sight. I also lost arrows because i forgot to change the sight to the correct yardage. Ive just took it off and put it up. none of this is the sights fault. I actually think it's a good sight,and its well built. I had the same battery in for 7 or 8 months and its still goin good.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. Lito

Lito Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For the price you are paying it for there’s a lot to acquire on a better sight