Sitka in the South...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt

Keep_Calm_And_Bowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you that use Sitka gear, I was wanting to get some opinions on what would be good for hunting in the south with.
    I live in North Carolina where the average morning in the late season would maybe be around 32*, with only a few times a year it getting much below 27*. It never snows during hunting season, hardly ever winds above 10-15 mph. I was just wanting to get an outer layer jacket and maybe a pants/bibs without going completely over kill. I bought myself a Stratus jacket for Christmas and absolutely loved it, however it was too small so I have to send it back. And since they were completely out of stock for the season, Im going to have to get a refund instead of an exchange. I also saw that the Celsius Midi looked to be a good jacket.

2. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stick with the stratus Jacket and pants, there wind proof and with proper layering you can be comfortable down to 30* easily

3. mikey custom-g

mikey custom-g Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are sold out for a reason !!! Wait it out because obviously they work great.

Fanatic might be over kill, but that’s what I like. You can always shed layers to cool off. But I haven’t figured how to add when you have nothing more to add.

So if I were dead set on burning up the money, I’d go heavier with the Fanatic and just un zip more to cool off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk