Urban archery NC

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by CJ navy, Jan 3, 2020.

1. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello ladies and gents....had a few questions concerning the urban archery extended hunt here in NC...so I'm active duty down here recruiting and I hunted this season dropped a buck and a doe this year....I contacted wakeforest and chapelhill...because they are participants in the urban archery hunt and the phone numbers where to the local police come to find out I have to find private land owners on my own that would grant permission to hunt....how does someone like me make this work i don't know anyone here...do i find land and just start knocking on doors...I'm kinda depressed about it I read somewhere local maps and participating land owners will be provided....smh should I just pack it in for the season...thanks for letting me share lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have read and investigated the regs as well. I think the maps referred are the city limits maps for the participating cities. I am in the same boat of finding private land owners in these participating urban archry cities. My plan now and even in the offseason is to know on some doors, send some letters to landowners. It has proven effective for me in the past. One other technique i was going to try was the technique explained in this video.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CJ navy likes this.
  3. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info.....just watched the whole video...I will be trying it out.

BowhuntOnly likes this.
  4. BowhuntOnly

Dislikes Received:
    This has worked for me in the past. I actually killed my biggest buck on a property I got permission by putting an ad out there for this service. Many urban landowners dont actually like the deer eating their gardens and do some damage by over browsing. Its just a matter of finding the right people and thought this was a cool approach.

CJ navy likes this.
  5. CJ navy

CJ navy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Putting an ad out.... like in a news paper?

BowhuntOnly likes this.
  6. BowhuntOnly

Dislikes Received:
    I have used Craigslist or facebook. Just a couple other tools. The American Hunting Lease Association also has sone coold tools!

CJ navy likes this.