Nock On Release question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by TheFitHunter, Nov 17, 2019.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys, I currently shoot a spott hogg wise guy and shoot it well, however I have been wanting to branch out and learn new styles of shooting. I have had my eye on the nock2it and the silverback for some time, does anyone here have any experience with them? I have gotten lower quality thumb releases before, never really stuck with them and opted to return them to go back to what I know and shoot well. This had me thinking to buy the silverback and practice with it a few months before accompanying it with the nock2it, before realizing I may need to change up my draw length and peep in the middle of hunting season to shoot it which would be a big no go. Have you needed to change DL/peep/etc when switching from wrist to handheld? Is it worth it to get the silverback now if I dont plan on altering the bow for at least another 2 months? Thanks!

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can switch back and forth between a handheld and wrist strap easy enough without changing anything. You may or may nor be able to do the same. Only way to know is trying. Suggestion, since your new to handhelds I would try a few before buying them. Go to a shop and use a couple in different configurations. Your going to look more at jaw function and position vs style, two or three fingers for example.
    You also listed two releases that function way differently from each other. You really need to use a few to lay the ground work for a decision

3. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot a Wise Guy for the past 5+ years. I got a Nock 2 It last year. I can go back and forth between them no changes to the bow. I also can't seem to make up my mind which I like to shot better.. when I think I am all in on the Nock 2 It, I try the Wise Guy again and it all starts over.

One thing I can say with the Nock 2 It, is that when you (I) properly use the release, pulling through the shot and getting a surprise release, it honestly "scares" me when I get the surprise release. For this reason, I would like to try the Silverback to work on that. When I wrap my finger on the Wise Guy and pull through, for some reason it doesn't catch me off guard as much. Also, to me, the Nock 2 It sounds loud next to my ear when it breaks, but the Wise Guy is whisper quiet which I like.

Man it's hard though, I really like both.

4. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Silverback will teach you a lot but it takes time and commitment. You may be able to shoot it decent after about a week, but if any thing slips up it’ll let you know.

Jeremy/PA likes this.
  5. doublea17

doublea17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have mini Silverback took about awhile to get used to it but now love it. I can switch between it and a thumb (SX3) with have to mess with bow.