Long distance help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TheFitHunter, Dec 31, 2019.

1. TheFitHunter

TheFitHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone, happy new years eve!
    Just switched over to a Nock2it and silverback release combo and absolutely love them. This setup really helped me fight my target panic (which i had extremely bad). I had/have some problems with form still however I am working through them as they come along, and on days where everything seems to be clicking right my groups are better than ever out to 65-70 yards. My problems comes in after the 70 yard threshold, I seem to be hitting consistently low no matter what I do. I have had problems shooting low at closer ranges due to form inconsistencies in recent past however I have worked through them and am always able to end off back on track. When I step back to 80 however I will be hitting around 4-6 inches low and as I get further I hit lower than that, however my consistency is astounding to me as I am able to put 3-4 arrows in a 3 inch group or tighter at these same ranges. Does this sound like it is still an unaddressed form issue which I have missed, or maybe I sighted in the bow slightly off (I use a spot hogg hogg father slider sight) making it unnoticable at close range but it is amplified when i stretch it out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy your day!

2. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know I have had to adjust my peep when my aiming angle changes. May just be me, but like you, after 70 yards. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    While hitting low is a problem when you have target panic, if you aren't hitting low from 20-60 yards and it only starts at 70, then I'd just adjust the sights and see what you get.
    4" is an excellent group at 70+, which to me says that your form is fine and you just need to tweak your sights a bit.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would have to lean toward is being a sighting issue. Although with a slider/tape system you should see it start to manifest itself gradually as you stretch your distances. Meaning you should be low at 6o if you're low at 70 and 80. But, it's as good of a place as any to start.

5. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I went through the same transition last summer. Even reached out to Dud himself. He pointed towards my anchor point changing, even the slightest bit. I adjusted my 70 to hit where I wanted, and then checked yardages under and everything fell into place. Maybe I was luck...