Montana Hunting 2019

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Montana Elk Man, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Montana Elk Man

Montana Elk Man Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Another year of hunting is in the books. This year was a challenge like everywhere else. We had the most moisture I can ever remember. We sell our calves it two groups every year. The first group we had to cancel for two weeks due to snow and ice storms and the second group we had to cancel for a week. Our hunters were still able to fill their tags before the storms hit. There were some nice 4x4 mule deer bucks and some cow elk taken off this year. I was so far behind I wasn’t able to get any pictures of what was taken off. Our hunters showed up and filled and had to hurry home before the next storm hit. I did get some nice ones that were still left afterwards. We have a few openings for archery next year and so far we don’t have any antelope hunters lined up for next year either. I hope everyone else had a good year as well and were able to get out and home without any trouble. Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Attached Files:

2. IH122

IH122 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Them are some really good looking bucks. If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Montana are you located?

3. fachries

fachries Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

4. mflora98ss

mflora98ss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Some good looking Mule deer there.

5. Montana Elk Man

Montana Elk Man Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We are in the SE Corner of Montana about 45 miles SE of Ekalaka Montana.

6. Montana Elk Man

Montana Elk Man Newb

Dislikes Received:
    More animals are moving around in the nice weather this winter.

Attached Files:

7. Montana Husker

Montana Husker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just made the drive down from Wibaux to Alzada last week, things looked pretty decent as far as grass, hopefully we get some moisture in the next few weeks to continue it. What size mulie bucks you get down that way? I lease a ranch with a few others out by Big Timber, the mulies are doing pretty well , a few approaching 30" are around . The elk are really doing well, ranch family has asked us as a goal to take 50 head of elk off of place this coming fall and winter, with the shoulder season. A 408 bull was taken last fall and rancher has seen one he claims is bigger then that one, LOL. Starts to get a person fired up with that kind of talk.

8. Montana Elk Man

Montana Elk Man Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We are getting dry and those damn grasshoppers showed up so trying to get a little hay rolled up before it burns up or ate up by the hoppers. Suppose to get some moisture the next couple of days so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Wild life is doing great all the Mule deer does around looks like they had twins or triplets, antelope had a good crop this year also, the elk are still up in the higher country and I've been to busy to look, but I did see a few herds the last time I checked water and they were all cows and calves and they too had a good crop. Bulls are still off on their own so haven't seen much yet. Here are a few things I've been seeing on my way to work, but nothing really shows up until that first cold snap.

Attached Files:

IH122 likes this.