Maryland public land prettyboy

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Bubby D, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Bubby D

Bubby D Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I filled my pa tag in October with a mature buck, so instead of hanging it up for the year I started hunting Prettyboy watershed in Baltimore county. Place is huge and bow hunting only. I’ve had 3 November hunts there picking areas on onX based on topo and have seen a hand full of doe. I’ve seen all deer on the outer parts of the property away from the resivour. The one time I did hunt closer to the water I ended up hearing people on the walking paths. Place has trails everywhere for the public. Has anyone had success on inter parts of the watershed? It has to hold deer imo. Also parking, I was under the impression that you had to park in the parking lot areas however I see bow hunters just pulled off the road, I’m guessing that’s allowed? Any other advice would be awesome, I’ve had a blast so far figuring this big chunk out so far.

NEW61375 likes this.
  2. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. dbow

dbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted prettyboy for a couple years. Watch out for anti's and idiots. Since in MD you "share" the land with the public good luck getting a warden out there if someone starts walking around with their dogs or paintball guns. Yes you can park on the shoulder. I didn't ever harvest a deer there but turkeys yes. I always had luck going to Dan's Mountain. Frederick watershed is the same as prettyboy.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk