Team 16 - Sweet SixTine

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Bullridnfool

Bullridnfool Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alright every im back. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time with their families. So plus side i work today and tomorrow. Then i have Wednesday thru Saturday off. I looked yesterday and shotgun doesnt start until Saturday. So plan is to have a doe or two down before Saturday.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I hunted Thanksgiving morning and then again Saturday evening in my favorite spot waiting on a few specific bucks with my reduction zone tag...not a single buck showed and only 3 does came by mid morning on turkey day.

I did however, discover I just missed seeing and shooting the oldest buck out there we call Mr. Piggy Friday. If I'd have gotten my but there in the morning he was following a doe right by the stand, would have had 15 mph wind blowing from them to me and a 18 yard chip shot....the old fart is an ox of a body, with barely 110 inches of head gear. Love to get the old slob.

3. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone ever have a slipped rib? Fell off the back of a 4 wheeler this last weekend while carrying a few vexilar fish finders and couldn’t really catch myself. Landed on my side pretty good. Had some slight discomfort in my lower left back area for 2 days but nothing that bad at all. I was able to do hard manual labor for 2+ hours in the barn yesterday.

Last night I was laying in bed and sneezed... as I sneezed I heard a loud pop from the same area that was sore and had pain that I haven’t felt in a very long time. I’ve barely been able to sit up out of bed. Sleeping was miserable.

Waiting for the clinic to open. Hope I can get my ass out of this bed. Laid on a heat pad for 2 hours and the pain will not stop. Just a stabbing shooting pain too.

I do not like going to the doctor one bit, but know they will be able to diagnose/fix me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Racks&Ridges

Racks&Ridges Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I hit lake geneva for ice fishing. Carrying my vexilar and my bucket well I didn't realize on the hill the snow had slightly melted then froze. So I slipped managed to save the vexilar, let the bucket go cause it had a lid. And Bam I landed like a belly flop and my last lower rib broke most of my fall. Worst pain ever, a cough or sneeze would ruin my day and sleep was damn near impossible. Thing about ribs they can't do much for ya. Just be ready for at least a month of recovery bud. Been there and I wish you the best! After 2 weeks it starts to feel much better from my experience, so bunker down and avoid aggravating it in any way possible!

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ice the crud out of it. I popped my upper ribs wrestling. Horrible pain. Only thing that helped was laying down on my back and ice.

6. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I went to urgent care and got xrays to be safe. Apparently I’ve got a severe muscle strain that won’t stop spasming. Thank god nothing is broke or out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hurt my back last year at this time. I never went to doctor but did go to chiropractor once. I must of had a muscle injury of some sort. Took about 7 weeks to feel normal again. Hope it doesn't take that long for you.

8. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Ice it for days!

9. Bullridnfool

Dislikes Received:
    I rode bulls for 20 years. Had several. Ace wrap heat and ice. Sometimes chiropractor.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Next time I will be hitting the woods will be Friday most likely...midday till evening sit over food most likely. Saturday morning I may roll dice and grab the bow for my favorite stand spot with a 50/50 wind that would be killer for the spot if they choose one bedding area from food...but terrible if they choose the other....time to roll dice is now though!

sknox8 and Racks&Ridges like this.
  11. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

12. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Had to go back to the doc today. My rib bone is separated from the muscle/ligament. Ice, ibuprofen, and time. Not sure if I will make it out again this year or not. I coughed yesterday and had some INSANE pain still. Going to take a while for it to fully heal.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    That is what I did. Slept on ice.

14. Bullridnfool

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys been super busy taking care of 2 house and a full time job sucks. Did manage to get out tonight but didnt see a thing. Army starts marching tomorrow

virginiashadow and tynimiller like this.
  15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well we got the word we can get back on our one farm (owner/grandson firearm hunts it) so I'll be attempting to go pull some cards and do a food status check of that property sometime sooner rather than later, but worst case friday.

Still gonna be hitting the woods hoping for a few specific late season bucks, and a few spots/stands I love late season I'll even be grabbing the bow so long as not so frigid drawing won't be an issue.

Anyone else still planning on slinging some frozen arrows?

16. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just checking in. Not been hunting much of late. With three deer in the freezer I'm pretty well settled for meat for the year. I may get out with the xbow once or twice late season since I have a buddy begging for any deer meat I can't use. Wish I could help the team out with another archery doe but the rules don't allow it. Good luck to all you still chasing them around.

virginiashadow likes this.
  17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Shot some arrows today. Schedule is so busy ive barely had time to hunt. Hoping for a morning hunt before the rain kicks in.

tynimiller likes this.
  18. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm headed back to SE Ohio on Friday for a 3 day hunt. Anxious to see what still may be left after the gun season wrapped up yesterday.

19. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out this weekend. but it is doe only in Wisconsin this weekend. So I will pull a few cards and try to find something to chase for the following weekend.

20. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    My ribs still aren't getting much better. Ice ice ice all the time. My ribs/muscles/ligaments were getting better about 3 days ago but my body decided that it's time for me to get sick. I can't stop myself from coughing and every time I cough the injured area just throbs (sometimes almost as bad as when it first happened). It's back to being sore again.

Keep at it guys. I'm rooting from the sidelines right now. Hope to be better by the time I'm off 12/20 - 1/6.