Saddle feedback

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shocker99, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for feedback on saddles before I make the plunge. Looking at Tethrd Mantis and Aero kestrel flex. Any other suggestions or feedback welcome. Was wondering about the bridge types on the kestrel and also sizing questions. I’m about 6’ tall 230lbs. I wear a 34-36” waist in pants

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Aerohunter Kestrel, the predecessor of the flex. You will probably want the size two with your build. Aerohunter has been around for 30 years and make outstanding products. I have spent 8 hours in mine as the longest sit, much more comfortable than sitting down in my old lock-on for that length of time.

Shocker99 likes this.
  3. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Cantexian. I forgot you saddle hunted as well. Do they have accessories like pouches to store the tether/lineman? Also I read there is a few different configurations for their bridges. Does any offer advantages over the other?

4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the standard rope bridge made from Samson Predator rope. I do not think Aerohunter offers accessory pouches. I bought one of these off Amazon. I probably will pick up a second one. The buckle straps can be looped through the MOLLE Loops on the back of the saddle. Aerohunter does also make a tether and lineman's belt made from Predator Rope. I use a cut down HSS safety line with the included prussick and carabiner. I haven't had any issues doing that.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-drawstring-Magazine-Military-Adjustable/dp/B01EWUPKVC/ref=sr_1_9?crid=69ASK33I608B&dchild=1&keywords=molle+pouch&qid=1575491149&sprefix=MOll,aps,154&sr=8-9

Shocker99 likes this.
  5. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Good info. Whatever ropes/tether I use I will be using a ropeman 1 instead of prussick. I’m sold on that ropeman 1

6. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll probably need the XL from Tethrd. I'm 6'2", 230 and 36" and that fits me well, both with layers or not.

Shocker99 likes this.
  7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have the mantis?

8. siwulat

siwulat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. My first season in it. I'm sold.

Shocker99 likes this.
  9. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the flex. Definitely go with a size 2. The Mantis is more light weight and minimal. The Aerohunter is built like a tank, should last a long time. I believe the Flex is still under 2 lbs, so you don't even know your wearing it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shocker99 likes this.
  10. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Cool. What bridge do you have. Any advantage one over the other? Trying to understand why they made 3 versions of it

11. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm also on my first season in a saddle and I absolutely love it. I have my climber in the back of my truck and even though I've though about taking it out, it has stayed there all season.
    I have the Tethrd Mantis and predator platform. I am 6'1" 215lbs 34"wasit wearing the L and its great, although I have not tried any other sizes.
    I use the ropeman1 on the lineman belt and a prusik on the tether. I don't see why so many need to use a ropeman on the tether, I literally make about 3 adjustments throughout the day.
    Why did I buy Tehtd over the others? Everything was in one spot and easy to jump in. Tethrd also has a butt-load of how-to and informational videos that really help make a decision. I am interested in the Aerohunter saddles though, the leg and belt straps look much better than the Tehtrd T-hooks; that is my biggest complaint with the mantis.
    I'm going to find my other posts/feedback posts and copy them here rather then re-type it all.

Shocker99 and siwulat like this.
  12. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  13. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
  14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a rope bridge, amsteel bridge, and a webbing bridge. Webbing bridge is my favorite right now. 2nd would be amsteel. The rope bridge does the same thing but had alot of extra bulk to it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk